Printing Pages

I've been creating digital scrapbook pages of my kids growing up for a few years now and I'm finally ready to bound them in an album or albums. All of the examples of completed albums I've seen online have themes - in other words the pages all use the same colors and similar papers. My pages are all unique and use colors and patterns that suit the photos best. I love how each of the pages turned out but I'm not sure how they will look side by side with other pages that look totally different.

I hope my question makes sense but I've never put a complete scrapbook together. I just have hundreds of individual pages on my computer.

Will the completed album look messy and disjointed or is this how a lot of scrapbooks wind up looking?

Thanks for your help!!

Hi 2xMommy!

I've used Shutterfly to print a series of layouts I did for my parents wedding. I believe they have a blank template so you can just upload all your page. Lately I just have random pages that I have printed at Persnickety Prints. Then I just slip them into photo album. I like 8x8. HTH.

I'm sure other will be by to offer other suggestions.

I've used Costco for printing my 8x8 layouts for gift albums and I was very happy with the quality, pricing, and service. You can also order from them online - that's what I did. I did the same as Kelly, just put them into 8x8 albums. Hope this helps! :)

All of the examples of completed albums I've seen online have themes ... My pages are all unique ...Will the completed album look messy...?

I think it will look great! "Eclectic". I would try to select side-by-side pages that are totally different.

All of the examples of completed albums I've seen online have themes ... My pages are all unique ...Will the completed album look messy...?

I think it will look great! "Eclectic". I would try to select side-by-side pages that are totally different.

I agree with Linda and think your book will look pretty with different pages next to each other. Good luck!

I've used Shutterfly, Snapfish and more recently Sam's Club and Costco for book printing.

I actually just ordered a 60 page book from Costco (8.5x11") -- the basic book is $17.99 for 30 pages. The best part is each additional TWO pages are only .79 cents each! So, my 60 page book ended up costing only $29.00 plus change. Plus, I had it sent to my Costco Store so didn't pay shipping.

Both Costco and Sam's club have an option where you can upload your own page without using their themes. In Costco under themes it's called "Create Your Own Theme" and then "Original". I'm pretty sure Sam's was the same.

Virtually all of my scrapbooks are like this - chronological books with our adventures and everyday life side by side. If I'm making a 2-page spread, then of course it all coordinates. But if I'm scrapping just one page from an event/photo shoot, then I actually like it when the page "next door to it" in the album doesn't coordinate. I think that makes it more obvious that they are two separate events to be considered separately when viewing.

On the rare occasion I've made a cohesive book from one vacation or our wedding or whatever, then everything is more coordinating, but I really like the eclectic look of "everyday" scrapbooks:)

I agree with everyone else, I like the hodgepodge eclectic look. It's too much energy to coordinate pages with each other! One thing I've really enjoyed about scrapping is choosing whatever photos I feel like scrapping at the time and making a page that fits the photos, as you said you do.

Up until now, I've printed my own layouts at home (8x8) and just put them in random order in an 8x8 scrapbook. I love looking through them, the pages are not in order at all, and I don't know what's coming next. Our nice printer recently died, though, and I haven't been able to print for a while, so I just ordered about 40 pages to be printed through Scrapbooks Please. I haven't gotten them yet, waiting to see how they turn out.

Eventually my plan for my pages is to print two more sets, one for each of my kids, at some point... maybe for high school graduation? (They are 7 and 9 right now). At that point, I will put them in order time-wise, but I think I'll still place them in regular page protector scrapbooks, rather than having them bound. I like that scrapbooks allow for rearranging pages if necessary, and adding new pages between.

Archived