HELP needed urrgent WD EHD

Hello everyone,

I am very new here - wish I could start different, but I am desperate for help!!!

My EHD "my book essential" wont spin up anymore. the light comes on but the EHD won't start up. I have all images of my girls on there 11 years. There entire life, my entire life!

I wanted to back them up to a new EHD, but now i can't access them anymore. I am divested! I really hope any of you know how to rescue my images or may know someone who does!

Please if anyone can help, I am so so so so so graceful for it.

Thank you kindly in advance

So sorry to hear about this, I know how devastating it is.

I agree with Hilary that since your hard drive appears to be dead it might be better to consult some sort of professional service that can pull the photos off for you and put them on a new drive.

It's early here ET, but hopefully someone else will come along with another idea.

Wishing you the best.

Take it to a pro like everyone is saying...I had that happen too but lucky I also backed up on another one. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

I agree with everyone above; take it to a professional and have them take care of it for them. This happened to me a couple of times, but luckily I had Carbonite as my backup and was able to download everything from them onto a new EHD. Hopefully you can get this all sorted out. Keep us informed as to what happens. Good Luck!

Welcome to Scrap Girls! So sorry to hear your hard drive isn't functioning. It can be an expensive lesson, but taking it to a good pro for recovery is what I'd suggest too. I like to keep my files backed up in 3 places, and I don't delete images from my camera card or phone unless I know they're backed up. Pretty sure we've all lost some things wto hard drive failures. Good luck and I hope they can recover all your photos!

Archived