PSE 15 Scripts

tinkerbell11

I am wondering if anyone that has upgraded to PSE 15 is using any scripts. I have some retired ones that I LOVE and would use on EVERY layout if I could get them to work. I loaded them the way the directions for previous versions say to and I get an error message when I try to run them.

Java Script code is missing or a constructor code???

I am trying to use File Save 2, I would also use File Save 1 and rename layer if I can get them to work.

TIA!

Holy moly! I figured it out instead of loading the scripts per the older additions of PSE. You just use file> open with the .jsx file of the script and it does what it is supposed to do to the file that you have selected in your photo bin!

WOW, I googled and looked on a PSE board. But I wanted to share so if others were having an issue they could do it too!

Holy moly! I figured it out instead of loading the scripts per the older additions of PSE. You just use file> open with the .jsx file of the script and it does what it is supposed to do to the file that you have selected in your photo bin!

WOW, I googled and looked on a PSE board. But I wanted to share so if others were having an issue they could do it too!

I was having that problem too and I figured that the scripts were only for PS and not PSE. I'll try your instructions and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

A way to install and run from your actions tab. Make sure PSE is closed, find the .jsx file(s), copy and paste into C/program data/Adobe/Photoshop Elements folder. Your PSE folders will also be there. All of these versions will be able to find the .jsx file. This is where the .jsx file goes for actions that were made by CVA. Not sure about other actions that have a script with them. Open PSE and install the action via the action tab as usual. It can also be copied to the Preset Actions described below.

An alternative way to load actions, especially those without a script, is to go to: C/program files (for PSE 12 it is Program files(x86) /Adobe.Open your version of PSE and go to presets. Make a folder called Actions, there shouldn't be one. Copy and paste the .atn file into this folder. Close PSE, if open, and reopen. Click the actions tab and then the little drop down arrow. A list of all actions you have loaded into the preset Action folder will be here, instead of the in actions panel list. Just click to put into the panel list and run. Delete if wanted, only deletes from the panel list, not the presets folder. I got this info from Linda Sattgast class Actions. I only keep the actions that I run all the time in the tab list. Hope this helps.

It worked. Managed to get the .jsx file to open. The only script that I have is SNU SSTools Script Jumble6301. Noticed that there are no script files available in the boutique.

You used to be able get Christy's scripts on her blog for free. I haven't been there lately, but they're probably still available.

• 5 months later...
On 1/23/2017 at 11:55 PM, Belle said:

Will I sound very dumb if I ask, 'What is a script' and have we ever had it in PSE?

Belle a script is essentially a mini program or list of things to run like there was a script that saved your layout in the version to print 3600 x 3600 and also as the web version 600 x 600 with just one click and named it too!

Archived