Let's talk Camera's

17 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Conda, I have almost the same camera. I think mine is a XTi 3. I've tried to get off manual but,..... Jaclyn took a photography class in college and of course she makes look easy. ? I tried to take a class online but at the time I didn't have a very good camera so I didn't follow through. I should see if I still have lessons and try again. My dad taught photography when I was little but that was pre-digital. I think I went on one or two field trips with his class butI don't think I absorbed much. lol! 

I keep thinking something will "click" and it will all fall into place.  But, something is missing and I just don't get it.  Ya know????  

I have the same camera as Conda, Rebel XTi. I'd love to get a good sports lens for it. Mostly for softball, but even for the pro games we go to as we work on our bucket list (knocked another one off the list last night!)

1 hour ago, CRS said:

I have the same camera as Conda, Rebel XTi. I'd love to get a good sports lens for it. Mostly for softball, but even for the pro games we go to as we work on our bucket list (knocked another one off the list last night!)

That's what I have 70-200 2.8.  Now, I had to get that because we moved to indoors sports or night football.  I had used a 75-300 4.5-5.6 for years at the day games and it was perfect.  You drop it down to that 2.8 and the price goes up..up...up    But I LOVE it

3 hours ago, angleigh said:

That's what I have 70-200 2.8.  Now, I had to get that because we moved to indoors sports or night football.  I had used a 75-300 4.5-5.6 for years at the day games and it was perfect.  You drop it down to that 2.8 and the price goes up..up...up    But I LOVE it

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely check it out. Maybe Santa can bring it.

My dad was a serious camera bug, and his camera case would get so heavy with big lenses he'd have to use a tripod or he wouldn't be able to hold the camera steady.  I used to joke he needed the camera equivalent of a gun bearer!

3 hours ago, Smiles said:

My dad was a serious camera bug, and his camera case would get so heavy with big lenses he'd have to use a tripod or he wouldn't be able to hold the camera steady.  I used to joke he needed the camera equivalent of a gun bearer!

Yeah, it can get pretty heavy.  I have to have a day off after doing a football game to recover.  ^_^

Archived