Photo A Day Challenge - December

angleigh

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Mikelle said:

My Dec 2nd photo is from A Christmas Story, too (like Angie's).  A few years ago, I bought DH this Christmas ornament.  I laugh every year when I take it out of the box!  We just decorated our trees this evening...

DSC_9616_2Dec2017.jpg

Now that is a GREAT ornament!

4 hours ago, lorac said:

We took a friend out to celebrate her birthday and this is the restaurant that she chose, Toscana Ristorante. I took these photos of the multi-colored window with light shining through in the bar area. To me this represents 'fun'.

The 'fun' part is that the window lit up from the outdoor street light reminds me of 'fireworks' which are always 'fun' to watch.

IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3333.JPG

WOW GORGEOUS and Starry Night by van Gogh it is!!

4 hours ago, MariJ said:

Great photos and oh, I love seeing the NY store windows!  Since I know I won't be getting there it's great to see your photos, Carol!

Marilyn, when you quote comments that include photos, how are you making the reposted photos smaller?  I can't figure that out!

10 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

Marilyn, when you quote comments that include photos, how are you making the reposted photos smaller?  I can't figure that out!

Oh, it's easy once I figured it out when April described it once.   What I do is I post my comment, then I have to go back in and "edit" the comment.
Once in edit, double-click the photo and a dialog comes up about the photo, I normally change the first number to 200 or so and it will adjust the whole thing.

I think April said you could just double-click on the photo when you are first replying, but I couldn't get that to work unless I posted my comment, then went back in to edit it and then clicked on the photo.    Cool that you noticed! :)
This is what the dialog looks like, but again - I couldn't resize it until I posted, then I came back in to edit my post and was able to click on it. 
This screenshot started at 1000 as the first number, I changed it to 500 but you can play with the numbers, the ratio adjusts itself.
I hope I'm making sense, once I "got" it, it's easy!.

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 11.26.11 AM.png

Isn't this just a fun thread. Loving everyones take on the theme's. 
Kelly your list one just made my day!!:D
Marilyn thanks for that hint, must try that.
Carol thats a wonderful "fun" photo you had of those lights.

Ok day four is here now so off to see what I can do for "Green"

17 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

You can also jusy highlight the poster wrot and leave out the photo like I did above. 

Yeah, but my little brain doesn't always remember what I"m commenting on so I need the photo to remind me!   :rofl::hit-head-with-hammer:

4th December here... something GREEN  ( the bud on the flowers I planted that I thought were only going to grow to 12 inches high and wondered why the plants have kept growing taller until I rechecked the seed packet and it says   90cm ( 3 feet ) tall ! 

IMG_1780.JPG

1 hour ago, A-M said:

4th December here... something GREEN  ( the bud on the flowers I planted that I thought were only going to grow to 12 inches high and wondered why the plants have kept growing taller until I rechecked the seed packet and it says   90cm ( 3 feet ) tall ! 

Lovely plant i hope you gave it room to grow to 90cm....what a nice surprise though :) 

Here's my "green" photo.  I love this little mosaic tree and there's a fun story about it.  We were in Ravenna, known as the "city of mosaics" and were heading home the next day.  I told DH that I had 40 euros I needed to spend since it was our last day of the trip.  We went in this lovely mosaic shop and I asked if they had any Christmas decorations.  She brought out this little tree, so I asked how much.  Surprise, it was 40 euros.  It took me 3 seconds to decide I had to have it.

IMG_0032-2.jpg

love looking through all these photos.   Here's my green, a cute little doll we got the boys friends little sister.  She's having her 5th birthday and on top of her list of invites were 5 of her friends brothers.  So a handful of 16-18 year olds and then several 5 year olds..lol

20171114_115058.jpg

21 hours ago, MariJ said:

Oh, it's easy once I figured it out when April described it once.   What I do is I post my comment, then I have to go back in and "edit" the comment.
Once in edit, double-click the photo and a dialog comes up about the photo, I normally change the first number to 200 or so and it will adjust the whole thing.

I think April said you could just double-click on the photo when you are first replying, but I couldn't get that to work unless I posted my comment, then went back in to edit it and then clicked on the photo.    Cool that you noticed! :)
This is what the dialog looks like, but again - I couldn't resize it until I posted, then I came back in to edit my post and was able to click on it. 
This screenshot started at 1000 as the first number, I changed it to 500 but you can play with the numbers, the ratio adjusts itself.
I hope I'm making sense, once I "got" it, it's easy!.

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 11.26.11 AM.png

Tried it and it works great. Thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, lorac said:

Tried it and it works great. Thanks for the info.

24 minutes ago, CRS said:

Here is my green from my walk this morning.

IMG_2387.JPG

Pretty Carla!  If I dodn't know better, I'd think it was nice and warm outside!   :winter_brr:

4 hours ago, angleigh said:

love looking through all these photos.   Here's my green, a cute little doll we got the boys friends little sister.  She's having her 5th birthday and on top of her list of invites were 5 of her friends brothers.  So a handful of 16-18 year olds and then several 5 year olds..lol

20171114_115058.jpg

This is so sweet, the story AND the doll!   Those boys are the best!  What great Daddies they'll make someday. :)

2 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

This is so much fun! Love seeing everyone’s take on each prompt. Here’s mine for Day 4 - green. Just about every day I have a fried egg white sandwich with hummus, avocado, tomato, spinach, and pepper jack cheese. 

Oh this sound so good and like something I'd love!  Can I come for lunch????? :D

I couldn't get the photo smaller and somehow deleted it, oops!  

Scrubbed the kitchen floor (not the best idea I've ever had, in my boot and even-up shoe :hit-head-with-hammer:) and sitting waiting for it to dry and looked to my left and here is a bag I dragged up from downstairs last night.    The "Garland" bag.   
Couldn't get my own directions for making the photo smaller to work, grrrrr.....

IMG_0861.JPG

Archived