December Photo A Day - Day 24 through 31

angleigh

10 hours ago, MariJ said:

I did set my iPod alarm for 3:46 yesterday and it was during PT when I finally got a chance to walk on the Anti-Gravity Treadmill so my Therapist took a photo for me!  It’s SO cool, even more than I thought.  I had to put on these thick rubber “shorts” that were hard to pull on and then step onto the treadmill where she zipped my shorts into a bag which is the bottom of the treadmill.   It was almost like being in a baby swing where their legs come out the holes and I could even dangle my feel like a marionette since I was held up by the shorts zipped in!
Once I was zipped in, she filled the bag/bottom of treadmill with air and then set it at 65% which meant I was walking on 35% of my body weight so no pressure on my foot!

5a44fa454e8e5_FullSizeRender3.thumb.jpg.154eefd6cd55aabc6fec3af779f95adc.jpg  IMG_6934.thumb.jpg.37ece71deaeb20db330b290921ea7ba0.jpg

The REALLY cool thing was, see that screen above my head?  It was a video of my legs from the knee down so I could watch how I was walking and correct it.  Like the injured foot straying to the left or the therapist noticing I wasn’t lifting the toes on that foot.   VERY cool, see my legs walking?!  
It felt a bit weird, but very good to be sorta walking in a “normal” way.    Plus, I was very excited to have a cool photo/s for 3:46pm!   :)

IMG_6935.thumb.jpg.e493780767bf5474e204f517671cac59.jpg

Wow, I didn't know something like this existed!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't usually need a hat and gloves here in San Antonio, either, but because we DID happen to have our once-every-8-years snowfall a few weeks ago, we had some mittens laying about.  The girls were given funny hats for Christmas, so I asked Laura to model one of the hats, with the mittens:

DSC_0559_28Dec17small.jpg

28 - hat and gloves

I did my work in Aged Care this day so I photographed the hats that one of the residents makes. I took a second photo for gloves... the fishing gloves that Ken was given for Christmas from my sister. 

28 - hat.jpg

28 - gloves.jpg

7 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

We are in Austin, Tx for a family wedding on Friday. Today we went on a duck boat tour. I did know it was going to be open air so I don’t have my ear muffs. I have my fav scarf and Rick has his hat. 

C53CB0B0-7F23-466D-B7A6-3F226EE0A6BA.jpeg

Great photo, Kelly.  I’ve always wanted to go on a Duck Tour, I almost did in Boston but it was booked solid! 

5 hours ago, A-M said:

29 - Family

The family Christmas photo my daughter sent us just before Christmas

29 - family.jpg

I can’t believe how big your Grandchildren are now, what a beautiful family! 

On 12/29/2017 at 3:09 AM, MariJ said:

I did set my iPod alarm for 3:46 yesterday and it was during PT when I finally got a chance to walk on the Anti-Gravity Treadmill so my Therapist took a photo for me!  It’s SO cool, even more than I thought.  I had to put on these thick rubber “shorts” that were hard to pull on and then step onto the treadmill where she zipped my shorts into a bag which is the bottom of the treadmill.   It was almost like being in a baby swing where their legs come out the holes and I could even dangle my feel like a marionette since I was held up by the shorts zipped in!
Once I was zipped in, she filled the bag/bottom of treadmill with air and then set it at 65% which meant I was walking on 35% of my body weight so no pressure on my foot!

5a44fa454e8e5_FullSizeRender3.thumb.jpg.154eefd6cd55aabc6fec3af779f95adc.jpg  IMG_6934.thumb.jpg.37ece71deaeb20db330b290921ea7ba0.jpg

The REALLY cool thing was, see that screen above my head?  It was a video of my legs from the knee down so I could watch how I was walking and correct it.  Like the injured foot straying to the left or the therapist noticing I wasn’t lifting the toes on that foot.   VERY cool, see my legs walking?!  
It felt a bit weird, but very good to be sorta walking in a “normal” way.    Plus, I was very excited to have a cool photo/s for 3:46pm!   :)

IMG_6935.thumb.jpg.e493780767bf5474e204f517671cac59.jpg

This is so cool to see. I could really use that here. I have never seen anything like it.

30 - Your view right now

This afternoon Ken and I went to a Free Country Music Concert at Evans Head ( our closest seaside town)

30 Your view right now.jpg

13 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

This is a picture of dh and his 8 siblings and their mom. 

95514DEA-CAD1-4FDC-873B-615575C0FF1D.jpeg

Really nice family photo

Day 30-My view right now.

Looking out the window by my computer at the foggy pond and a work in progress, the wall we are building for our level spot to put our fruit trees.

IMG_0201.JPG

15 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

29th-family
David and Russ (my brother) have been playing jokes on each other the past week and I took this one as Russ couldn't understand why he couldn't cut his sausage then realised David had put a skewer through it :) Its 2 all now the score.

sausage.jpg

LOL

3 hours ago, A-M said:

30 - Your view right now

This afternoon Ken and I went to a Free Country Music Concert at Evans Head ( our closest seaside town)

30 Your view right now.jpg

Loosk like  fun.

Last night we took the girls to see Daddy's Home 2 (so much better than the first one!!) and I wanted to take a photo of the family before the movie started (we go to the movie theater on Ft. Knox and it's been pretty empty the last few times we've gone). But I forgot to do it, so I took a photo of the sign for the movie, since it's about family, lol!

And then I have a photo of my front yard, looking out my dining room window. I usually have my computer on my dining room table, and I have a bird feeder right out the window, so I watch the birds, too.

IMG_2708.JPG  IMG_2711.JPG

I missed the family photo yesterday, so I have to cheat a little.  This is the photo we took on Christmas Eve at church... it's like herding cats trying to get my family in one photo, and I have a small family!  My mother in law is visiting from Ohio for Christmas...

DSC_0205FB.jpg

Archived