Photo Challenge Feb

angleigh

Ok..now that we have gotten past the holidays and the craziness of the first of the year I wanted to bring back the photo challenge.  

Just a FYI this will not be a weekly thing, I think doing that it becomes to hard to keep up with.  I figure i'd do it about once a month (maybe more depending on the month) and that will make it more "special" when we do it.

Someone gave me the great idea to incorporate the Photo Tips I posted here into the challenges.   So for the first one of the year we're going to start with an easy one.... a nature photo and incorporate the rules of 3rd. 

Below is mine.  Right now the trees are covered with ice from our 2 ice storms this week.  When I looked at the window all I saw was brown winter "ick" , ice and then this green on the trunk of the tree's. 

Let's see your nature photos

20180223_080424.jpg

42 minutes ago, CRS said:

Just looked out the window and saw 8-10 deer in the neighbors' backyards and snapped a few photos.

IMG_1853.JPG

that's a backyard? it looks like the whole forest! aww i wish i could look out the window and see deer

16 minutes ago, VeronicaS said:

guess i'll go out and take a photo if it's not raining that is

Is there actually someplace where it is not raining?   :dunno:

We had an hour or so of SUN today - I guess just to prove that it does still exist...  The sky was blue with not a cloud in the sky...   :happy-sun:

And, I bet you know what’s coming...   Clouded over totally and now it’s......   Raining and dreary again.   Oh well....... 

28 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Is there actually someplace where it is not raining?   :dunno:

We had an hour or so of SUN today - I guess just to prove that it does still exist...  The sky was blue with not a cloud in the sky...   :happy-sun:

And, I bet you know what’s coming...   Clouded over totally and now it’s......   Raining and dreary again.   Oh well....... 

yep that's about it. it's cloudy and dreary but I can't tell if it's raining or not guess i'll just have to venture out and see for myself but i better make it quick

On 2/24/2018 at 2:28 PM, VeronicaS said:

yep that's about it. it's cloudy and dreary but I can't tell if it's raining or not guess i'll just have to venture out and see for myself but i better make it quick

Heehee, I just took a photo from my window!  :whew:

Here it is, I’m not sure I aced the “rule of thirds” - the woodpecker is a bit off but it was hard to do from the window.
Dreary and rainy here today.  Again......   Had a bit of a break here to take my pic!  

IMG_3173.thumb.jpg.5cbcaf311b131bebe88516cd30d794aa.jpg

2 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Is that a flax bush in your garden Hilary? at first sight it could have been a NZ garden :rofl: 

Not my garden Jane - that flax would pretty much fill it. The gardens are open to the public and belong to Beth Chatto gardener, writer and related to the Queen by marriage. She lives about 3 miles away from me (unfortunately not close enough for me to call her a neighbour tee hee)!

• 2 weeks later...

Gee it's March already and I am just seeing this photo challenge...Yikes. I hope we do this again.

Archived