DSD ScrapSimple Chat 9am(ET)

ValerieT

Join me in the chat room at 9am (ET) for a chat all about ScrapSimple products. We will have some fun while we chat about ways to use and colour Scrapsimple templates.

Here are some tutorials that you may find useful;
Recoloring Colored ScrapSimple Templates: Hue/Saturation
Three Ways to Color Paper Templates in Photoshop Elements
5 Tips for Using ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates
Another Use for Solid Digital Scrapbook Papers

For my challenge I would like you to use any two ScrapSimple products on your layout. Make sure you tell us what you used.

Post your layouts in the Digital Scrapbook Day 2018 Gallery and post a link in this thread. You have until 12 noon (ET) tomorrow, 7th October, to post your layout for this chat.

All those who post a layout for this chat will be entered into a draw for a ScrapSimple paper Template Set of your choice.

Here is my SS layout:  Christmas 1990's

I used a few SS products:  SNU_SSPaper_HolidayEdge_12x12-6; AMC_ScrapSimple_12x12_HappyChristmas_Ornaments; BHA_SSEmb_PressPetal1_Cranesbill2; TYO_SSEmb_PhotoMask_JunkChic_Mask5; plus two styles (if they count).

I struggled to get this LO to the place where I like it, specifically with the color combination.  I tried all sorts of things on the SS products, experimenting.  As far as I can remember, what I ended up doing: the HappyChristmas Ornaments overlay I applied the yellow ThisThat style to, then rasterized the style.  I duplicated the original overlay (which was gray scale), and overlaid the color copy with a blending mode applied (now I don't remember what blending mode I landed on).  I forget who's idea that was during the chat, but thank you, that technique worked great, to keep the color plus the outlines/definition of the elements! Then I merged those layers, and again applied another blending mode to get the final ornaments to blend with the blue paper more.

Syndee's Holiday Edge paper, I clipped the blue Glitzy Christmas paper to, then applied a small stroke outline to get it to stand out against the background paper better. 

That Pressed Petal SS embelli was just pretty, I thought, and I needed to make a green flower that matched the green in the photo.

Whew... this layout took me a long time!  I didn't get it done by the deadline, but I'm still going to do one more DSD layout... maybe after I get out and take a walk!

Archived