Help needed please with uploading multiple elements

Jane in N.Z

I had to buy a new computer so lost my photoshopCS5 :( I have a trial of photoshop elements but find it frustrating :( 

Can you help me please and tell me how to upload multiple elements/papers in one go. I was able to drag these onto my LO in CS5 but its not letting me in elements. I've gone to File/Place but I appear to be able to upload only one at a time.

Jane I’m not sure if this is what you mean but I can just drag and drop into PSE, but I am working in PSE 13.
I just select the items I want and drag them over the PSE icon on my dock and let go and they open up.    That’s on a Mac, I’m not sure if it’s same in Windows?  And maybe the newer versions don’t do that.    I’ve never used File/Place.
Hopefully someone else will come along who will be of more help, sorry I’m not.   It’s so frustrating working in new programs, I don’t know why they mess with things that work well.  :( 

If you bought or registered your CS5 with Adobe you should be able to download it from their site. You will have to hunt around to find your registered products with the serial numbers. There is also a place to download older products. I had to do a lot of messing around to find my orders and registered products, but it is there. Good luck.

If I'm reading your complaint right I don't think you can load multiple images onto a LO. You can load multiple images into the program by dragging, but not onto a LO. In Elements I've never been able to drag an image from outside the program directly onto a LO. Never tried it in CS6. Something new to try.

17 hours ago, MariJ said:

Jane I’m not sure if this is what you mean but I can just drag and drop into PSE, but I am working in PSE 13.
I just select the items I want and drag them over the PSE icon on my dock and let go and they open up.    That’s on a Mac, I’m not sure if it’s same in Windows?  And maybe the newer versions don’t do that.    I’ve never used File/Place.
Hopefully someone else will come along who will be of more help, sorry I’m not.   It’s so frustrating working in new programs, I don’t know why they mess with things that work well.  :( 

Thanks Marilyn for that. I still can't get them on the Lo I'm working on by dragging them over  but i can now get them into elements and I've figured a way to then get them on my Lo 

3 hours ago, scrapgarden said:

If you bought or registered your CS5 with Adobe you should be able to download it from their site. You will have to hunt around to find your registered products with the serial numbers. There is also a place to download older products. I had to do a lot of messing around to find my orders and registered products, but it is there. Good luck.

If I'm reading your complaint right I don't think you can load multiple images onto a LO. You can load multiple images into the program by dragging, but not onto a LO. In Elements I've never been able to drag an image from outside the program directly onto a LO. Never tried it in CS6. Something new to try.

Thanks for this info I'll check it out. It would be good if i can get CS5 on my new computer.

2 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Thanks Marilyn for that. I still can't get them on the Lo I'm working on by dragging them over  but i can now get them into elements and I've figured a way to then get them on my Lo 

Jane how are you able to get them onto your layout now?  In my Elements I can either drag from the photo bin and up onto my page or with piece and layout side by side - drag it across and onto the page.   I’m sorry I misunderstood your question, but now I’m intrigued.  I never knew you could drag multiple items onto a layout at a time;  I just tried now on my PSE 13 and couldn’t get it to work, as Lynne says above.   Hmmmmmmm..  Maybe it’s not possible in Elements?  Interesting...

On 4/24/2019 at 11:57 AM, MariJ said:

Jane how are you able to get them onto your layout now?  In my Elements I can either drag from the photo bin and up onto my page or with piece and layout side by side - drag it across and onto the page.   I’m sorry I misunderstood your question, but now I’m intrigued.  I never knew you could drag multiple items onto a layout at a time;  I just tried now on my PSE 13 and couldn’t get it to work, as Lynne says above.   Hmmmmmmm..  Maybe it’s not possible in Elements?  Interesting...

Hope I can explain this right Marilyn.......what I did is open a new blank page in elements and then I selected as many elements/photos I wanted to load on my LO and dragged then over from my EHD to elements doc. These all came up separate not on my LO but then at the bottom there is a little icon that says 'layout' and I clicked on 'All Grid'. Then you can see every element photo I dragged over. I was then able to click on the elements and drag them to my LO. when finished putting them on my LO I went back into the 'Layout icon' at the bottom and clicked on default which brings up the LO I'm working on.

I found it so much quicker (not as good as CS5 though :(but I'm sure there must be a quicker way though but I haven't found it :) 

8 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Hope I can explain this right Marilyn.......what I did is open a new blank page in elements and then I selected as many elements/photos I wanted to load on my LO and dragged then over from my EHD to elements doc. These all came up separate not on my LO but then at the bottom there is a little icon that says 'layout' and I clicked on 'All Grid'. Then you can see every element photo I dragged over. I was then able to click on the elements and drag them to my LO. when finished putting them on my LO I went back into the 'Layout icon' at the bottom and clicked on default which brings up the LO I'm working on.

I found it so much quicker (not as good as CS5 though :(but I'm sure there must be a quicker way though but I haven't found it :) 

THANK YOU, Jane!   I don’t know if there’s a way quicker than this but it’s sure much quicker than what I know - which is only dragging one at a time onto my layout!   I learned something new here, I never knew what those little layout icons were, now I know about this one.   Very interesting and thank you for explaining it so well!