Installing Styles in PSE19

Boatlady

I am coming up blank as how to install my styles into PSE19. If you can help me I would really appreciate it. This is what I hate about getting a new computer and software.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Debbie, for sure that part of getting new things is SOOooooo frustrating!
I tried to search “How to install styles in PhotoShop Elements 19 and came up empty for specifics; funny though your question here on SG was the second answer in the results!  :D

I’m not sure what version you had previously but what I do in PSE 13 is to go to the top of the styles menu and click on the arrow on the top all the way to the right to bring down a menu.   Next I click on “Load Styles” and navigate on my computer to the style I want to install.    When I find the correct one and select it I then click “open” and the style is installed.   
I don’t know if it’s the same in PSE19 and hope I’m making sense, I’m tired, it’s been a long day!  :sleeping:

Marilyn, You are correct as I have PSE15 and that is how the styles are added from within the program when you have it open. PSE19 should be the same.

Thank you, thank you, thank you...I was having a duh moment....so much going on in my head that I just could not remember how to do it. I have loadedall the styles and they work perfectly. Just another reason to love Scrap Girls, there is always someone to help.

11 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you...I was having a duh moment....so much going on in my head that I just could not remember how to do it. I have loadedall the styles and they work perfectly. Just another reason to love Scrap Girls, there is always someone to help.

Yay!   I’m glad it worked and to know that it’s still the same process in PSE 19.   :) 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, I am still confused but I am also using PSE23 and I am not sure where/what the "style menu" is. I'm on a Mac if it matters.  Might just need to go to bed too and start again tomorrow. I downloaded the shadows kit suggested but now I dont know what to do. 

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Tracy said:

Yep, should have gone to bed LOL I found the styles menu. It was on the bottom right of my screen. 

That's so funny and happens to me, also.   Amazing what going to bed and waking up fresh in the morning will do for our brains..  🤣
 I'm working on a Mac in PSE 2020.    There's always someone on SG willing to help, so keep asking.    
Funny, my styles menu is on top right of the screen, I guess they change things around.    Glad you found it, though, good going!  😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

That's so funny and happens to me, also.   Amazing what going to bed and waking up fresh in the morning will do for our brains..  🤣
 I'm working on a Mac in PSE 2020.    There's always someone on SG willing to help, so keep asking.    
Funny, my styles menu is on top right of the screen, I guess they change things around.    Glad you found it, though, good going!  😊

Wish they didn't change things like that LOL. I love how helpful everyone has been! Such a wonderful community and am loving every second here.

• Like 1