Font Explorer/Organizer

angleigh

I use AMP Font Viewer and love it. I have mine in categories so I can find a style I want then sort through to find  the exact one I want. Script, type, bold, fancy etc.

I'll have to look at those.  

Since it's a snowy morning I went through my fonts and got rid of 1000's of older fonts (kept them as a back up) and downloaded several more current/up to date fonts.

I downloaded Font Base to see what it's like, but i'm not sold on it yet.  I'll have to look into the others. All the ones I really like cost, and I refuse to pay $ for a font organizer.

I use Nexusfont and find it great. I am on Windows 7.

I have my Photoshop CS6 open and start working on my layout. Open up Nexusfont and find the set of fonts I want to work with. Then go back to my CS6 and they are all there but only temporary while Nexusfont is open. This means you do not have to install all your fonts.

1 hour ago, A-M said:

I use Nexusfont and find it great. I am on Windows 7.

I have my Photoshop CS6 open and start working on my layout. Open up Nexusfont and find the set of fonts I want to work with. Then go back to my CS6 and they are all there but only temporary while Nexusfont is open. This means you do not have to install all your fonts.

Not installing fonts that's cool and a memory saver for sure!

I "may" have decided on fontbase.  I decided to pay for the full version for 1 month ($3 a month or $29 for the year...thought that wasn't too bad) But the main thing I wanted was to be able to use the software on both my laptop and computer and have my categories and such be shared between the 2.  Their paid version is suppose to do that...we will see.  But if so, then it will be well worth it!