Scrap Girls World Tour 2020

ValerieT

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Boatlady said:

window. page.

I made another page but cannot open if for some reason and no time to fuss around with it. As I am planning a Birthday Party for Jane...she is feeling bad because it is her 65th and she is in lock down. So all you fellow scrappers come on up to my suite with your wishes for her B-day. I have a hot tub if you want to bring a suit. I will have some appetizers and all sorts of drinks from the bar with my handsome private bartender-Rod. Her favorite cake will be delivered later and some ice cream too. Will someone please bring balloons???? Get those voices ready so we can sing to her. Happy Birthday Jane- new Grandmother to Lucy Jane.

... On my way up to your suite, Debby. Party! Party! Party! I'll bring the little paper umbrellas for our drinks along with the balloons.

8th May
Today we have arrived in Haiti. We have arranged for us to visit the Citadelle Laferriere. Built at the beginning of the 19th century, it is a large mountain top fortress. Don’t worry we have hired some horses for the 7 mile trail, all uphill, to the site.

Haiti.jpeg

Start a new layout using view as your inspiration.

There are three dishes available in the restaurant today. Poulet Aux Noix (chicken and cashew nuts), Griyo (fried pork) and Mayi Moulen Kole ak Legim (cornmeal, beans and vegetable stew).

9th May
Whose idea was it to bring one of the horses back to the ship? The cleaning crew are not happy about the extra cleaning they have had to do.

As a national symbol of Haiti, the fortress is often featured on currency, stamps and tourism posters.

Add a coin or stamp to your layout.

When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

I had started the layout yesterday and thought I'd have to change it in order to add a stamp, but found one that looked good with the layout I'd started, so it all came together easily this morning. Whew! Here's World Tour Layout 3: View.

Now I have lots of time to laze around by the pool. Oh... I see some of you there already!

On 5/8/2020 at 5:03 AM, Florida granny said:

I can just feel the weight piling on as I sample all these dishes. Not to mention the partying on this ship!  It's a good thing nothing will stick when we dock at the end of the month. :D 

Calories don't count on this trip - it's a magical vessel we're on!

11th May
Overnight we have crossed the Atlantic to Amesbury, England. We are off to visit Stonehenge.

Stonehenge-Salisbury-Plain-England-Wiltshire.jpg

There have been many theories and legends over the years as to how and why Stonehenge was built. One of these legends says the monument was constructed by Merlin. It does have a magical feel when there is no one around.

Start a new layout with magic as your inspiration.

Available in the restaurant today are Fish and Chips, Bangers and Mash and Chicken Tikka Masala.

Oh I  am so wanting some chicken so yes please. Can I sit at the window with the sun setting over the ocean...it's one of my favorite things to see. Anyone else want to join me. I think I want a nice white wine to share with my friends. Thank you.

12th May
You do realise you need permission to touch the stones? Even if you belong to one of the churches that consider Stonehenge as its place of worship, you still need permission. Not sure what we can do to get some of our group released from prison.

Add something metal, to remind you of some prison bars, to your layout.

When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

I am so glad that I did not touch those stones when I was there I did not see any Scrap Girls touching the stones so I think we are all safe. I do miss Marilyn because she probablly would have tried to hug them or maybe climb up...she does those kind of things sometimes.

Here is my page.