July Colourful Slow Scrap

ValerieT

8th July
Add some brush work to your layout, making sure this is visible. This is in addition to any brushes you may have used to create your background.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was fun. Got my page done but wasn't sure if it met compliance, if not, I had fun anyway :) Can we add neutrals or a small amount of other colors aside from the provided color swatch? Can we duplicate or add other products to our page after meeting the instructions? I used 9 embellies, one of which had two flowers in the one product, does that count as one b/c it's one product? This was my first slow scrap so wasn't sure of the rules. When you ended by saying "adding any finishing touches" what does this mean? Can we add extra brushes, overlays, etc? Thx for any clarification. Just want to make sure I do it right.

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/187574-colourful-slow-scrap-july-1/

2 hours ago, Florida granny said:

I'm liking this better with the embellishments, all from Brandy Murry's Holiday Magic. I needed to re-color the ribbon to go with the color swatch, but I think it turned out OK.

Slow Scrap LO 2 embells.jpg

Looking lovely.

4 hours ago, bcgal00 said:

This was fun. Got my page done but wasn't sure if it met compliance, if not, I had fun anyway :) Can we add neutrals or a small amount of other colors aside from the provided color swatch? Can we duplicate or add other products to our page after meeting the instructions? I used 9 embellies, one of which had two flowers in the one product, does that count as one b/c it's one product? This was my first slow scrap so wasn't sure of the rules. When you ended by saying "adding any finishing touches" what does this mean? Can we add extra brushes, overlays, etc? Thx for any clarification. Just want to make sure I do it right.

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/187574-colourful-slow-scrap-july-1/

My understanding is you only use the swatch as inspiration and you can add other small amounts of colour different to the swatch. You can duplicate whatever you like as long as you follow the task given, if its a embellishment that has more than one flower its counted as one embellishment still. If it says at the end add any finishing touches you may add whatever you like to make the LO to your liking. Love the one you did looks fabulous to me :)  

24 minutes ago, Jane in N.Z said:

My understanding is you only use the swatch as inspiration and you can add other small amounts of colour different to the swatch. You can duplicate whatever you like as long as you follow the task given, if its a embellishment that has more than one flower its counted as one embellishment still. If it says at the end add any finishing touches you may add whatever you like to make the LO to your liking. Love the one you did looks fabulous to me :)  

Thx for the clarifcation Jane. Glad you like my page :)

34 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

... still working on Christmas in July. :D  Right now, for the photo I have in mind, I'll pick the last group of colors. Here's a Cozy paper from Susie Roberts:

Slow Scrap Week 3 paper.jpg
oh how lovely...warm and cozy for sure! I think I’m going to go bright.... my cousin asked me to do another of her horses... and she (my cousin) is bearing a blue dress.