Scratch disk full- HELP

Boatlady

I use windows with PSE19 . I am getting a scratch disk full message so cannot use the program. I have tried to search to find a remedy for the problem but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me please. TIA

I had this issue a few years ago with a laptop that I bought specifically for photoshop, CAD and heavy programs.  I think the programs update and improve so rapidly that our hardware just can't keep up.  Here is a link from one of several sources I often find helpful. It may just changing your settings or upgrading memory or hard drives.  I miss my laptop and the ability to work wherever I want.

17 hours ago, SkyMom said:

I had this issue a few years ago with a laptop that I bought specifically for photoshop, CAD and heavy programs.  I think the programs update and improve so rapidly that our hardware just can't keep up.  Here is a link from one of several sources I often find helpful. It may just changing your settings or upgrading memory or hard drives.  I miss my laptop and the ability to work wherever I want.

This computer is not even a year old and has ton's of memory and speed. I think that PSE19 was using the smaller file so I switched locations and it seems fine. Thanks for the link it is one I did looked at too.  I need to use a laptop as we travel allot so it can go with me but but I do miss my extra screen then.

Thank you so much for your note.

18 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Is this a memory issue with your computer?  I'd be sure trash is empty and temporary files are deleted.  BUT, what do I know???  Hope it is fixed!

I have lots of memory on this computer and I did empty trash and delete temp files. I switched the location of the scratch disk file and it seems fine now. Go figure.

HI Debby - just found this. I'm not sure what it looks like in PSE, but in photoshop (CC) if you go to Edit>Preferences>Scratch Disks. There you can set your scratch disk to any drive you like. In earlier versions I seem to remember that you could also set the percentage of the drive that you would allow it take - (the higher the percentage the slower the function) but I always set mine pretty high. I don't actually see it here on my current version CC 2019 - but check your PSE - it might be there. 

I’m getting this a lot lately. Just make sure you empty your trash, purge on PS (under edit, purge all) and re-start Photoshop. That helps me. I am going to move a lot of my files to my EHD, and I don’t like doing that because it takes forever to find them. I think I need to switch to my iMac, and buy a new laptop. Lol.