11x17 glossy card stock print

lindarobin

I am very happy with my poster that I had printed on 11x17 glossy card stock, at Staples.  Amazingly, it's only $2.  Only when you go bigger than 11x17 does the price really jump.

I also posted the top half and the bottom half, zoomed in so the blend mode detail can be seen.  They did a fantastic job with the printing.  Very sharp; great color.

Thanks for posting these, Linda!  I love what you did with the stamps and blending, it looks really beautiful.
And, thanks for the tips about Staples;  I’ve used them for printing and been satisfied, but I didn’t know they printed these larger sizes.

Hi, Marilyn!  Thanks for all your wonderful comments.

Yes, Staples did a great job on the printing.  However, I found out the hard way that it is NOT a good idea to send them a JPG.  Their automated system does a convoluted conversion and you end up with super big white margins, meaning your picture comes out much smaller than anticipated.  To avoid this, create a PDF in the desired paper stock size ie. 11x17 or 8.5x14 or 8.5x11.

So if you want to print your square layout as big as possible on 11x17, don`t send a square JPG!  Send a 11x17 PDF that looks like this and specify print as best fit.  They need to shrink it just a bit because they can`t print to the edge.  When you trim off the white edges, your print is about 10.75x10.75 inches for less than $1 on regular weight paper, 50 cents more for card stock.

Untitled-1.jpg.9443062b40334241bafef7ac7a7ddc9d.jpg

9 hours ago, lindarobin said:

Hi, Marilyn!  Thanks for all your wonderful comments.

Yes, Staples did a great job on the printing.  However, I found out the hard way that it is NOT a good idea to send them a JPG.  Their automated system does a convoluted conversion and you end up with super big white margins, meaning your picture comes out much smaller than anticipated.  To avoid this, create a PDF in the desired paper stock size ie. 11x17 or 8.5x14 or 8.5x11.

So if you want to print your square layout as big as possible on 11x17, don`t send a square JPG!  Send a 11x17 PDF that looks like this and specify print as best fit.  They need to shrink it just a bit because they can`t print to the edge.  When you trim off the white edges, your print is about 10.75x10.75 inches for less than $1 on regular weight paper, 50 cents more for card stock.

Untitled-1.jpg.9443062b40334241bafef7ac7a7ddc9d.jpg

You're welcome, I really enjoyed your poster, well I always enjoy all your pages.
Wow, that’s amazing it’s that cheap at Staples!  Thanks so much for the tips.   I haven’t been to Staples for almost a year since with Covid I try to avoid going in stores as much as possible.  But now, I’d maybe go pick up if I did the ordering online, only I’ve never done that so your suggestions are helpful!   Our Staples also charge a surcharge if you bring the document you want printed to the desk and ask them to print it right away (even if they are sitting there doing nothing) and it’s a significant enough charge!  ?   So, it would be better to send it online and then pick up with no extra charge.    

I also like printing on their machines myself when I make little chocolate photo wrappers and now that you say it, sometimes the jpg gets a little mixed up.  So, maybe for the future a PDF would work better.   I have tried a WORD document which is better than jpeg but you’ve given me good ideas all around.   Luckily, the chocolate wrappers are fairly forgiving since I’m cutting them out, but I wouldn’t want to see a larger document with white borders taking up space that could make the page bigger.   

Thanks again for the info;  I’m going to copy it onto a document for future reference.   :)