HELP_Cannot open files

Boatlady

Last month I had my computer worked on. since then I have these two messages that pop up on certain files . I cannot open files that I had used many times before.

1. Could not complete your request because it is not a valid Photoshop document.

2. Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file.

I hope someone can advise me on a repair. TIA

Hi Debby, I've gotten the first message at times since I've been working in PSE 20.   What normally happens is the message appears, then the document opens in PSE!   It appears to happen when I click in an odd place.

I haven't seen the second message but I'm going to do a little research to see if I can figure anything out.   How annoying for you!  ?

Do you have "Paint" on your computer Debby?   This video tells you how to open in paint, save, then it is ok to open in PS.  Apparently it's a PhotoShop issue were somehow the extension gets changed.
Video
You can also read about it HERE.

Here is also some information from ADOBE SUPPORT.   
I also saw where you can open the document in Preview, then change the extension and save.   Not sure what causes the issue, but you may find out in this issue. 
I did a Yahoo search using your second message and that's how I found these, but there's more!

Hope this helps, good luck and how aggravating when this happens.