Installing Styles in PSE9

englishrose

Help!

I got a new computer running Windows10 a few months ago and thought this evening that it was high time that I installed all my old styles etc.

I've loaded them into:

C>ProgramData>Adobe>PhotoshopElements>9.0>PhotoCreations>LayerStyles

Nothing's happened! I've switched the computer off and on again to see if the styles appear - still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

@englishrose I don't know which program you are using. I have used PSE 9.11.15 and now PSE2021. The way I do it is open PSE program, click on styles and then click on the little arrow on the right. You will see a drop down box. Click on Load Styles. It takes me to where I have my styles saved on my desktop in a folder. The same with actions. Easy Peasy. I do not know how to do it in Photoshop. Hope that helps.

23 hours ago, Belle said:

@englishrose I don't know which program you are using. I have used PSE 9.11.15 and now PSE2021. The way I do it is open PSE program, click on styles and then click on the little arrow on the right. You will see a drop down box. Click on Load Styles. It takes me to where I have my styles saved on my desktop in a folder. The same with actions. Easy Peasy. I do not know how to do it in Photoshop. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help, Belle. PSE9 doesn't have the Load Styles function. Ann-Marie's video gave me the missing piece, which was to delete the styles database so that it is recreated when Elements is reloaded. Best wishes to you and yours.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 4:38 AM, Belle said:

I loaded the styles as per your instructions!!! Now if you can explain what they do and how you apply them, I'd greatly appreciate it!

@KTB   HERE is video explaining how to use styles on text.  You use them the same on any layer - a shape  or an embellishment.  I will see if I can find another video. 

This one  HERE may also help you.