DSD Templates with a Twist Challenge

Digital scrapbooking gives us such an advantage over paper scrapping.  I started paper scrapping, and loved it.  I have to confess, I DO NOT miss using glue and tape!!  And glitter, was such a mess.  That is not so in the digital world of scrapping, and I love it!  

Today we are focusing on things that can be done on a digital layout but not a paper one.   Your challenge is to create a layout using two or more different templates OR ScrapSimple tools (styles, actions, brushes).  You can add a ScrapSimple style to a paper template or layer on a layout template.  Add a word art template to paper template to create a layout.  The possibilities truly are endless!   I will add blog post/tutorial links for reference.

What are some things you like about digital scrapping that you can't do on a traditional paper layout?

Post your completed layout in the Digital Scrapbook Day Gallery and post a link back in this thread.

Those who complete all three challenges and post then in the Digital Scrapbook Day 2021 Gallery by midnight October 3rd will be entered into a drawing for a $20.00 Design Shop Gift Certificate.  

14 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

I was able to put this together in record time because of the digital techniques you listed. I used ScrapSimple products and colored, blended, and generally had a fun time putting this together. Sunset in Charleston Harbor.
Thanks for a fun challenge!

The other great thing about digital is being able to undo a step if you decide you don't like it.  Sometimes that's impossible in paper scrapping.  You were super quick on this challenge, Diane.  Your layout is beautiful.  I still struggle with coloring templates...

5 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

I loved papers rapping… but aaaallllll those tools to carry around and pack up. Now I have MORE tools at my fingertips, and all I have to do it close my laptop or my computer, and I know where everything is.

Yes!!!!  I love scrapping in the car, that was NOT possible with paper!

Happy DSD.

Here is my page. Masks, blending, brushes and effects.

I agree with everyone. I love that everything is in my computer and ready to travel with.

I am still not able to use many of my products because" the file cannot parse" I have tried everything if found on the interenet but no fixed. Now that I can drive and get around on my own I can take it to the computer shop to see if they can help. It is making it difficult to scrap.

I was originally a paper scrapper and am so glad I no longer need to word about glue where I don't want it or smudges from inks. One major item on my page that cannot be done on a paper page is to blend a photo into the background ( mask in the layout template). Also recoloring papers to match the photo. 

This was a great challenge as I really do not use my Scrap Simple products enough.   SUNSET

On 10/2/2021 at 3:43 PM, SodScrap said:

How is it October already???  I can't wait to see your layout!

This year flew! October already just few months and the year is over. My dear here's my layout, hope that I understood right, I used glitter styles and the templates, I clipped the glitters to my papers and I used the template, hope is ok. Full credits in gallery. Wishing you a very beautiful Sunday!

Autumn.jpg.22ff6d069f5df4a95a0cd711c78fe4e3.jpg

What a fun challenge! Here is my page. Blending is something you CAN'T do in paper scrapping. For this challenge, I blended the photo to the paper with the blending template.  I used the shadow style to make the page look 3-d. I recolored the font using the aged metal style.  I love digital scrapbooking!