My styles are now invisible (PSE19)

Susan Says

I use styles a lot, and last night, they were all working perfectly. This morning, when I'm trying to finish a page, none of my styles are showing up on the elements/embellishments. The styles seem to go on, and the little symbol is on the layer to say that they're on, but they're just completely invisible. I've tried styles from various sources, and none of them show up, so I'm a bit stuck.

Thank you! Yes, I had shut down and re-started PSE and then the pc (I believe in that magic). I also reset my preferences and followed several other trouble-shooting tips, but to no avail. Eventually, I found out (during one of the trouble-shooting tutorials, they had you test things on a new file) that it was just that one page that was having problems. I still don't know how or why, but I guess the gremlins set up home there. Anyway, I decided to just re-make the page from scratch, and so far it seems to be working :)

On 10/31/2021 at 9:41 AM, MariJ said:

Oh, how frustrating!   I don't have an answer but have you tried shutting down PSE and then reopening?  Sometimes that makes magic!
Maybe at the same time you shut down also restart/shutdown your computer.      

I find that my PSE wants to either crash or I just have to force quit it. It is like it has a mind of its own. If I have just started up it won't give me any sort of problem. Any idea why this happens and how to avoid any interference?

3 hours ago, KTB said:

I find that my PSE wants to either crash or I just have to force quit it. It is like it has a mind of its own. If I have just started up it won't give me any sort of problem. Any idea why this happens and how to avoid any interference?

I had that kind of trouble with PSE when my computer's hard drive was really full.   It just didn't have enough memory to do things.   With my new laptop and more storage it doesn't do that anymore.