Gold Lettering

SJDodd

Hello Everyone - it has been some time since I've posted!  I have a question and I know you can help - you always do!

I am designing my Christmas card and see so many of the words on the cards in Shutterfly and the like with fancy font in gold.  How would you go about creating that look?

Bonus points if you can tell me an easy way to identify a font (that I may or may not see in gold lettering on said Shutterfly...)

Thank you for your insight!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sandy

Hi Sandy!   Sorry I am just seeing this.   One way you can make a font gold is to type the word, then apply a style to it.   I haven't looked in awhile but there were a few gold styles sold here.   

In PSE 13 and 20 I have to type the word, then "Simplify" it by going to Layer>Simplify.    Once you do that, you can't change the type in "Text" but can make it larger or smaller by pulling at the arrows, as you would with any other piece.     Then make that layer active by clicking on it and click on the style you'd like to use - voila, instant gold text! 

Good luck!    I'm in NJ, too.  :) 

Thank you so much for your help!!!  I was leaning towards this but wondered if I was on the right track.  Apparently, I was!  I have completed my project!  Now I am having trouble uploading it, which is another issue - I will post that separately!!

We vacation "down the shore" - how far "down" are you?

Sandy

9 hours ago, SJDodd said:

Thank you so much for your help!!!  I was leaning towards this but wondered if I was on the right track.  Apparently, I was!  I have completed my project!  Now I am having trouble uploading it, which is another issue - I will post that separately!!

We vacation "down the shore" - how far "down" are you?

Sandy

Sorry I am just seeing this, Sandy.   I'm sorry I meant to look up some styles for you but had a busy day and forgot to come back! 
Are you having trouble uploading here on ScrapGirls?   It's pretty easy once you know how and I can walk you through it!   Just "reply" to this answer so then I'll be notified and hopefully see it!
I love being down the shore and grew up spending summers there.  My cousins have the old family house (actually "new" now because that one was destroyed in Sandy) but I am actually up North in Essex County.