Font

Belle

11 minutes ago, scrapgarden said:

Belle, is it all fonts or just one? Sometimes a font or font family will mess things up. I had to delete a font one time for not playing nice. If only one, worth a try to uninstall it. If it's all fonts did you try Googling the problem?

@scrapgarden I was trying to change the font to Milla Cilla. Maybe what you said is true. I will look out for that. Thank you.

Belle, I haven't been able to find any information on this yet, but I'm wondering if you have a huge amount of fonts installed in your program?   Quite honestly, I don't even know what constitutes "huge" but I've heard that a large amount of fonts can freeze your program.   

I'm still trying to find information but so far - no luck.   And I work on a Mac so don't know if it's the same.

• Thanks 1

Well, I did find this - but don't understand a lot of it like what is a character panel?   It does give some tips, though and is from the Adobe site..

Troubleshooting Fonts

The rest I'm reading is so confusing I can't understand it at all!    I also am seeing people referring to Wacom and printer drivers.   Do you have a Wacom attached to your computer?   You probably have a printer, too but I don't know what that would happen.   Did the problem start suddenly or has it been there all along?   Have you downloaded any new fonts lately, maybe one was corrupt and if you delete it it would help?      Sorry I'm not being much help.

6 hours ago, Belle said:

I did try to add some fonts and it wouldn't work. Alo I just attached my Wacom tablet recently.  My printer is wireless.  I think you might be right Marilyn.  Thanks for all the trouble you went to @MariJ

It's no trouble at all, Belle and my pleasure.  I find it a challenge to try to find solutions, Jody used to be so good at that with me and helping everyone!
Maybe it's the Wacom?  Is it too difficult to unattach it and uninstall the driver?   If it seems it started to happen then it might be worth a try.    If you think that's it I can look up more about the driver causing the issue - I was just having trouble with the article I found, it was so full of technical information and hard to understand!   But, if you think that might be it, we can look further for something easier to read.    
Oh, another thing is - my printer is wireless also, but I'm fairly certain there still is a driver to run it that's been added to your computer.  So, if you think your issue started around then, we can look more about that.

I'm happy to try to help.   It must be so frustrating to have your program keep freezing, that's no help to creativity!

• Thanks 1