Weekend Wildcard 03-19-2022

alsoarty

Working with colors is what I love most. Colors of the same lightness and saturation, but of different hue, are called nuances. Colors of the same hue and saturation, but of different lightness, are called tints and shades. Colors of the same hue and lightness, but of different saturation, are called tones.

Your challenge today is to create a layout using Saturation. See attached image to understand a little bit more.  I chose saturation of blacks for my layout…. So I got a large range of saturation, or shades, of grays into white.

Once your layout is complete post it to the Weekend Challenge Gallery HERE and come back to this post with a link to your layout so we can give you some love.

0EBFED80-85F6-4101-88EE-3AE4BFEFBA2E.png

Thank you for explaining so well about the colours Andrea, but I still don't know what's the difference. My sister tried to tell me about hues. Blue and yellow undertones. I always have to ask at the wool shop, which colours match. Sorry, dunce here. Do I have to do a monochromatic layout?

Just now, Belle said:

Thank you for explaining so well about the colours Andrea, but I still don't know what's the difference. My sister tried to tell me about hues. Blue and yellow undertones. I always have to ask at the wool shop, which colours match. Sorry, dunce here. Do I have to do a monochromatic layout?

Basically yes. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Belle said:

A while back it was the ‘in thing’ to be color coded. It came down to the 4 seasons. So people who are Winters, wear blacks, white, and summers wear spanks, pastels etc, Fall would be browns oranges, so that’s how to learn color undertones.

9F677B40-EEE9-429D-BA3D-B89CA83869BF.png

• Thanks 1

This is my page. I made my mask and blended the backgrounds to make it the colors I wanted. I blended the bird feeder into the background to get the look I wanted.

53 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

A while back it was the ‘in thing’ to be color coded. It came down to the 4 seasons. So people who are Winters, wear blacks, white, and summers wear spanks, pastels etc, Fall would be browns oranges, so that’s how to learn color undertones.

9F677B40-EEE9-429D-BA3D-B89CA83869BF.png

I remember that book,Color Me Beautiful,  I used to have it but got rid of it when we moved.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the good info on color, Andrea. It's a fascinating subject! I decided on green (favorite color) and Bee Creations made it relatively easy since her kit, Summer Mist, contains variations in the yellow-green saturation. The ribbon, for example, is almost completely de-saturated, and you need sunglasses for some of those leaves! Here's my page:

Old Clock Edinburgh

• 2 weeks later...