Back Ups...let's talk

I used to use carbonite but don't any longer.  I back up on multiple EHD's.  It's funny I just  had this conversation with Justin last night.  Because I back up everything on 2 different EHD's.  So for example, my HD that has all my Senior photos is backed up on 2 EHD's....so they are in 3 spots.  His question to me was "have you ever had to use your 3rd back up"  lol...no but just in case.

So i'm a back up on multiple EHD's...but I do wonder about backing up on off site locations again

I'm a back-up on multiple EHD, too but since my new laptop (oops - that is now 1 year+3 months old!) I've only been backing up to one.  ?
Funny thing is, I just asked my cousin a week ago - why did I need to save two backups from the old laptop, couldn't I erase one and reuse it for the new one?
Answer?  Yes.    Done?  Not yet.
Thanks for the reminder Angie.   

• 1 year later...

Keeping a backup of data is important because it provides an additional layer of protection against data loss. Data loss can occur due to a variety of reasons, including hardware failures, software errors, malware attacks, natural disasters, and human errors such as accidental deletion.

I recommend keeping a spare hard drive for backups as well as utilizing a trusted cloud service for images, files, editing and designs on-demand. Dropbox and Amazon Cloud are amazing cloud storage providers that make it easy for us to access our files on the move. Both Adobe and Canva offer services that really make it easy to store photographs, designs and mockups.