Sale-a-bration 2022 Slow Scrap (Wednesday game!)

Mikelle

11 hours ago, MariJ said:

Ok, I added the minimal - stitching and very tiny buttons and bows.   I'm fairly certain they will not last past the game!  ??

1739553911_Sale-A-Bration2022WedSlowScrapCherryBlossomsJP.thumb.jpg.fda3c8a1a7494f2aae06dbc5101b9efe.jpg

LOL, Marilyn, I know you aren't a fan of a lot of embellishments - but I like what you did here regardless! ?

20 hours ago, wvufan04 said:

okay all caught up for Saturday - here is my layout so far with 10 embellishments 

with-embellishments.jpg

I love your layout!  I have a 15 1/2 year old who just got her driver's permit and started drivers' ed.  Exciting and scary at the same time!

9 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Here's mine, this is so outside my comfort zone. I did swap out my cluster because I realized I was using one collection and I missed this cluster at first glance. Some of my embellishment are hard to see but I used 3 different plant sketches and changed them to white. Also the white tag was not part of the premade cluster.

sale_a_bration_slowscrap.jpg

Kelly, it's gorgeous!  I think you all need to step out of your comfort zones more often!!!  ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Here is what I've done so far
TASK 1 and 2...... I did a sketch on my photo and blended 3 papers together
1601718755_SG_photoandpapersblended.jpg.b110447cf54bcd9e49490e2d0e9f94cf.jpg

TASK 3.....frame and cluster (I made my cluster)
30114600_SG_Frameandcluster.jpg.7c5d41c2b3e78916003b2d0c8f3db48c.jpg

TASK 4....... I used 9 embellishments (I didn't count the yellow candles as used it in the cluster)
SG_Embellishments.jpg.9cdf4b390e09a07162909fe9217f8c4b.jpg

I love that cake!  You also did an incredible job if including so many embellishments, but making them more subtle.  I have a hard time doing that!

1 hour ago, Mikelle said:

SUNDAY TASK:

Add journaling to your layout:  There is no set requirement for the number of sentences/amount of journaling, but try to tell us the story behind the photos!

I knew this was coming eventually! Gonna keep pushing me outta my comfort zone. :wacko: :lol:

48 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I added a journal tag because I knew we were going to have to add journaling. I just never know what to write. ??‍♀️

That was smart of you!  I think I like best to "let the photo tell the story".  

• Like 1

Thanks for the journaling prompt... I feel journaling is SO important in most cases.  Often you just can't get the whole story without the added journaling and part of scrapbooking is capturing those little details which can only be told by adding the story.  
I also added another word strip. 

06-19-22 Rosie & the Damsel Fly-5.jpg

8 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Journaling added..   Not as bad as I thought, especially since Syndee already had a text box on the template.   Which I'd already turned off!  ?
I'm almost afraid to see today's task!  ?

1839244036_Sale-A-Bration2022WedSlowScrapCherryBlossomsJP.thumb.jpg.2d5a699549e7ba6f1c1ca0d9bdb1a675.jpg

I love the vertical position of the journaling. Looks really great. Kind of leads into the steeple on that building. 

48 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Journaling added. I nudged some of the embellishments to make room for it. 

Sale-A-Bration Slow Scrap journaling.jpg

The position of the journaling really grounds your photo and leads well into the bow and gift cluster!

1 minute ago, mimes1 said:

I love the vertical position of the journaling. Looks really great. Kind of leads into the steeple on that building. 

Thanks, Amy, you're so encouraging and you so remind me of Jody who could see and express the technical parts of layouts - that makes for very good learning!  ?   And, I have to admit, the journaling box is all Syndee's template!  ?

55 minutes ago, KristiM said:

Thanks for the journaling prompt... I feel journaling is SO important in most cases.  Often you just can't get the whole story without the added journaling and part of scrapbooking is capturing those little details which can only be told by adding the story.  
I also added another word strip. 

06-19-22 Rosie & the Damsel Fly-5.jpg

I'm lovin' your page, so far. It looks like a real slice of summer. 

• Like 1