Scrap Girls World Tour 2022

April Showers

WorldTour2018.gif

Scrap Girls Word Tour 2022 

Welcome to the 2022 Scrap Girls World Tour! 

Complete layouts to gain stamps in the passport. Each stamp is worth one entry in the prize draw. At the end of the tour, we will do a random draw, and you could win one of three $5 Gift Certificates to use in the Scrap Girls Design Shop.  

Each time we stop at a new location we will give you some inspiration for you to create a layout. The inspiration will usually be in bold italics. You may also be given a task to complete. Check each day's itinerary to see what you need to do. 

• You are free to interpret each location’s inspiration in any way you wish. 

• There are no daily time limits, even if the post says today, tomorrow or any date. 

• Do not post your finished layout until we tell you to, just in case something un-expected happens. That should probably be "something un-expected WILL happen". 

• You do not have to complete a layout for every location, unless you wish to. 

• You can combine inspirations; however, you can only receive one stamp in the passport for each layout. 

• You have until 11:59pm (ET) on Tuesday 30th September 2022 to post your layouts in the World Tour Gallery. Any layouts or tasks posted after this time will not earn a stamp on the passport. 

Please be aware the passport will not be updated every day; I plan to update it at least once a week. I will post in the game thread when it has been updated. If you think you are missing a stamp, please feel free to send me (April Showers) a PM. 

We're reusing a blinkie from several years ago. This is the image link: http://scrapgirls.com/BLINKIES/WorldTour2018.gif

• Like 1

Thursday, September 1st 

Your task today is to sign in and pick your room. Remember this is a special vessel and can accommodate all requests. Get ready for a month-long trip around the world! My mother always told me September is usually nice just about anywhere in the world. Let’s hope she was right.

You may add a new World Tour 2022 siggy to your profile, but it isn't required. 

• Like 1

Yippee i love the world tour ?

I would like a room with a 360degree view so i can get the best photos. It has to have a king size bed so i can sleep well plus all the best accessories in the bathroom. It needs to be away from noise but not to far away so i don't  see anybody. Hope you will all come and visit.

• Like 1

World Tour is always so much fun with lots of hilarity!   I'm definitely cruising along, hopefully will be able to scrap a few pages.   I'd like a room with a window where I can see the water and close to the pool, please.   I normally spend lots of time poolside.    Jane, I'll definitely come and visit.   @Jane in N.Z.   

• Like 1

Try to behave while on your trip, ladies! I'll wave from the shore! Given all my computer woes in July/Aug, I am woefully behind in my FIL's heritage cookbook. He is literally antsy about it being completed at this point. His mental decline in the past six months has made it difficult to get clarification about recipes and stories. Some days just aren't good.  And some of those recipes are complicated, like making elderberry wine. It breaks my heart, because as a civil and structural engineer, he was always so sharp! Anyway, his anxiety about this project is making me anxious, and I am putting my nose to the grindstone this month. I will be watching you all have fun! Enjoy your trip!

• Like 2

This should be lots of fun! And I'm sure we will all be well behaved this year (We won't mention past years... or certain people. You know who you are. :D )

I'm away from home but will definitely hop on and off the cruise whenever I can catch a ride with a passing helicopter (or maybe one of those huge Sandhill Cranes that hang around my yard). :) In any case, please reserve me a room. I'd like a large room with lots of space for partying... um... I mean for serious group discussions about the places we visit. Also, can it have a roof that opens so I can sleep under the stars?

@KristiM Yes, join in! April, the captain of our "ship" will bring us to various ports around the world and give us instructions for layouts (very) loosely based on those places. We always have a lot of fun.

• Like 3

I’m still adjusting to my new job schedule but I’m going to give it a go. For my room I’d like to be up top so that i can have a 360 view. A massage therapist on call would be nice. In the bathroom lots of different shower heads with heated towels. Oh and hopefully the cabana boys will be on duty again this year. As well as the hunky bartenders. ?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Florida granny said:

April, the captain of our "ship" will bring us to various ports around the world and give us instructions for layouts (very) loosely based on those places. We always have a lot of fun.

Oooh, does that mean I get the Captain's Quarters? It should have a great view with lots of windows. I am all for the heated towels and the massage therapist on call. 

• Like 2

Friday, September 2nd  
Before we head to our first destination, it's time for the Meet and Greet Pool Party. We have a few questions for our chit-chat day, feel free to ask your own as well. 

• Where is your dream vacation destination? You can have more than one. Let us know, even if you’ve already been there.  
  • When you travel, how many suitcases to you usually take? 
  • How many languages do you speak? What are they? 
  • What is the longest trip, tour, vacation, get-away, you have taken? 
  • Like 2

I hope I am not too late to board the ship.... I will have a room with a balcony and a friendly cabin steward please.

• Where is your dream vacation destination? You can have more than one. Let us know, even if you’ve already been there.  
  • Ever since studying french at school I have wanted to see France so it really is a dream vacation! 
  • Usually one and a large hand luggage bag.
  • One but I did learn french at school but only remember a handful of words 
  • way way back when I was 17 years old I did a bus camping trip around Australia which was for 21 days.  I created an album of digital layouts of that  trip. Had it printed but now lost it when our home was flooded. 
  • Like 2

• Friday, September 2nd  
  • I just want to sit in front of a window and watch the waves break on the shore. I don't care where in the world it is.
  •  
  • Two suitcases. One for me and one for Henry....and I never forget my laptop....
  •  
  • Two. English and Afrikaans.
  •  
  • We used to have a park home permanently parked on a stand at Uilkraal. We used to visit at lease twice a month. During the December holidays, we used to stay for weeks. The kids would take turns to visit. 
  • Like 1

• Where is your dream vacation destination? You can have more than oneLet us know, even if you’ve already been there.
  • Hawaii. We spent 10 days there but only stayed on the main island. I would love to go back and explore the other islands.
  • 1 suitcase each plus hand luggage.
  • Just English. 
  • In 2015 we did a 13 week tour. We did a Grand European tour before flying to London and joining a tour of the British Isles. After this we flew to Scotland & hired a car for 10 days exploring the fishing village where David’s father & grandparents came from. It was really much too long.
  • Like 2

I love all holidays but we had 2 weeks in Rarotonga and it was so relaxing...the perfect holiday. 
    one suitcase and hand luggage but it does depend where were going but I'd rather travel light
    Just English
    I think it was 10 weeks when we went back to the UK and visited Norway, Belguim, Germany and of course England
  • Like 2

Australia - and have already been there!   I have also always dreamed of going to the Grand Canyon and would love to see other Western National Parks, too!
  • When you travel, how many suitcases to you usually take?  I try very hard for as little as possible, so one and a backpack.  Both normally stuffed.
  • How many languages do you speak? What are they?  One.  I took three years of French in High School but only remember a few words.  I wish I spoke another language!   My Grandparents spoke Italian, especially when they didn't want the kids to understand, I always wanted to speak it too!  The little kids who lived in the house behind spoke Italian and I thought they were so smart, not realizing they didn't speak English!   
  • What is the longest trip, tour, vacation, get-away, you have taken?  Probably Australia, which was just short of 3 weeks.
  • Like 2

My dream vacation is to go back to Spain.
My friend and I traveled there for 2 weeks with just a light bag.
We washed out our one set of clothes each night. 
I speak English, Spanish and a few words of French (mostly 4 letter words)
My longest vacation was a month in Europe with my aunt when I was a Junior in college

• Like 3

Where is your dream vacation destination? You can have more than one. Let us know, even if you’ve already been there. 
  Oh, gosh, this is difficult; there are so many places I've been and loved, so many places yet to see. I'd love to go back to the British Isles, visit every little town, and have tea and scones at all of them!

When you travel, how many suitcases to you usually take? Usually a carry-on and tote or backpack. I just wash things out at night and wear the same stuff.

How many languages do you speak? What are they? Just English, though I can read French and speak a few words.

What is the longest trip, tour, vacation, get-away, you have taken? I spent two months in Europe one summer when I was at college.

• Like 4

• Where is your dream vacation destination? You can have more than oneLet us know, even if you’ve already been there.
    I want to go to Turkey really badly, with a stop over in Greece, my life long dream. I'd also stop over in Germany to see my friend, to Holland to see Brandy, and England to see my niece and family. 

I usually take a carry  on - I am a really good packer. Coming back I have an additional carry on... sneaky. (I have a tip for those using more than one suitcase, there is an electronic device you and put into your bag and trace wherever it is in the world).
  • Afrikaans. A bit of Dutch and German. And I am currently learning Turkish.
  • My trip from South Africa to the USA - 33 hours. A stop over in Bulgaria, and Malta. Hated that long trip with 2 small kids.
  • Like 3

• Where is your dream vacation destination? You can have more than one. Let us know, even if you’ve already been there.  I'd like to go back to Australia. I have a Pinterest dream vacations board it has things like a European river cruise, Glass igloos in Finland to see the Northern Lights, Underwater Hotels, Hotel Chocolat in St Lucia. I wouldn't mind going to New Zealand. TBH, I'm not picky I'd love to go anywhere.
  • When you travel, how many suitcases to you usually take? One carry-on and a backpack. I'm trying to learn to pack lighter.
  • How many languages do you speak? What are they? Just English
  • What is the longest trip, tour, vacation, get-away, you have taken? I guess it would be 9 days when we went to Maui and then Kauai
  • Like 3

Saturday, September 3rd
We are starting our World Tour in New Orleans, Louisiana.  
image.jpeg 

The French Quarter, with its vibrant atmosphere and unique blend of architectural styles, is easily New Orleans’ most famous and most popular area to visit. It has a mix of lively bars, historic monuments, delicious restaurants, and inviting jazz clubs. Be sure to try some Cajun and creole dishes while were here.  

Start a layout with either “food” or “music” as your inspiration.  

• Like 1

I did not see many ScrapGirls on the ship last night, must have been lots of partying going on in the French Quarter!   I could hear it from here.   Or there, even!  ?  I found a few new foods to try, I had to be careful it wasn't too spicy.

How did everyone else do?  ??

• Like 2