Thanking for gallery comments

A-M

Today I realised that all the time I have been thanking members for their comments on my layouts in the gallery, they do not know I have said thanks.

We are not notified when someone does that.  We are only notified when someone comments or quotes us in another comment. 

Hi Anne Marie.   Nope. Every time you put a trophy "thanks" on a comment I've left for you I get a notification at the top of my home page telling me you've reacted to a post I've made.  If I click on the notification, I can go to my post with your reaction.   ?
You're welcome!  I enjoy looking at pages and leaving comments and love reading ones left on my layouts.   

PS I clicked on my name at the top and this is what I see.   Except before I've looked at it it's darkened as "unread" and I'll have a number at the top near my name to tell me it's unread.   Plus, when I come onto SG a pop-up will tell me how many new notifications I have.  So, all good!

126001778_ScreenShot2022-10-01at6_13_08AM.png.acb814014d91c70ab93f89003c424d2b.png

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

Hi Anne Marie.   Nope. Every time you put a trophy "thanks" on a comment I've left for you I get a notification at the top of my home page telling me you've reacted to a post I've made.  If I click on the notification, I can go to my post with your reaction.   ?
You're welcome!  I enjoy looking at pages and leaving comments and love reading ones left on my layouts.   

PS I clicked on my name at the top and this is what I see.   Except before I've looked at it it's darkened as "unread" and I'll have a number at the top near my name to tell me it's unread.   Plus, when I come onto SG a pop-up will tell me how many new notifications I have.  So, all good!

126001778_ScreenShot2022-10-01at6_13_08AM.png.acb814014d91c70ab93f89003c424d2b.png

Marilyn, how did you get that to work? Like Kelly, I just get a notification with a quote or comment, but not with the comment emojis. I don't see how to change that in my notification settings.

4 hours ago, Celestine said:

Marilyn, how did you get that to work? Like Kelly, I just get a notification with a quote or comment, but not with the comment emojis. I don't see how to change that in my notification settings.

Hmmmmmm..  I just got my latest booster and did a few errands and I need to look for some lunch here!   But, I will check around and see what my settings are and let you all know.   ?

5 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Yep! I even have it setup to get an email notification when someone comments on my layouts or reacts to my comments. ☺️

Yes!I. I get email notifications for comments, but not for reactions because that is WAY too many emails to keep checking!  ?

• Haha 1

@Celestine

I clicked on the arrow next to my screen name on the top of the page and looked through my settings -- "Manage Followed Content".
Does yours look like this?  I'm assuming that first one might be it since it sends notifications to someone "that you replied to."?   Maybe that would be layout comments?
Let me know if that does it or I'll keep looking.

And oh!  Now I see what you say about comment emoji's.   What my screenshot above shows is what I see when I have a number next to the notifications (world symbol) next to my screen name on top.   If it says "1" and I click on that it shows me what I showed in the screen shot.   Anne Marie's avatar and what she reacted to.

Am I understanding correctly?  Sorry if I'm not getting it, but ask again and I'll try! 
1388092055_ScreenShot2022-10-01at2_02_59PM.thumb.png.b99dde60415345b0889abd6adf4a8393.png

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

@Celestine

I clicked on the arrow next to my screen name on the top of the page and looked through my settings -- "Manage Followed Content".
Does yours look like this?  I'm assuming that first one might be it since it sends notifications to someone "that you replied to."?   Maybe that would be layout comments?

And oh!  Now I see what you say about comment emoji's.   What my screenshot above shows is what I see when I have a number next to the notifications (world symbol) next to my screen name on top.   If it says "1" and I click on that it shows me what I showed in the screen shot.   Anne Marie's avatar and what she reacted to.

Am I understanding correctly?  Sorry if I'm not getting it, but ask again and I'll try! 
1388092055_ScreenShot2022-10-01at2_02_59PM.thumb.png.b99dde60415345b0889abd6adf4a8393.png

ugh, I have spent way too much time trying to figure this out. I can't find a listing for "Status Updates and Profile Comments" in my settings like you have in the image. Let me know what steps you took to get there when you have a minute. Thanks.

@Celestine I’m at work so only have my phone. Try going to Account > Account Settings > Other Settings (scroll down to neat the bottom) > The first one is Mention & My Content. There’s also Followed Content. Just click on the little down arrow and choose which option you want. One of those should work. Maybe?

16 hours ago, MariJ said:

@MariJ Are you kidding me? I've been around all this time and never knew this!! Thank you for the tip! Now to go read 67 notifications!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MariJ said:

@Celestine

This is strange as I have the same things ticked and yet I still do not receive notifications of "thanks" in the gallery. 

7 hours ago, A-M said:

This is strange as I have the same things ticked and yet I still do not receive notifications of "thanks" in the gallery. 

Well, it might be another setting but I couldn't see anything it might be!   Maybe April @April Showers might know what you have to have set to receive them?
Sorry about that, I'll look around more.  What my notification at the top tells me is any reaction to any of my posts in the Forum or my comments on someone else's layout.

7 hours ago, mimes1 said:

@MariJ Are you kidding me? I've been around all this time and never knew this!! Thank you for the tip! Now to go read 67 notifications!

Oh Amy you made me laugh out loud! ?   So, did you have the orange "67"/number next to your name on the top right of the Forum?   Trying to figure out why Anne Marie is not getting the notifications?    Do you mean the number was there, you just never noticed it?   I'm wondering if that is Anne Marie, also.

7 hours ago, A-M said:

Anne Marie, just to clarify.   You don't have any numbers next to the "world" icon next to your screen name on the top right of the Forum, correct?  
I can't show mine because I've already checked the posts so don't have a number now!

15 hours ago, Celestine said:

ugh, I have spent way too much time trying to figure this out. I can't find a listing for "Status Updates and Profile Comments" in my settings like you have in the image. Let me know what steps you took to get there when you have a minute. Thanks.

I'm so sorry, I just saw this this morning, been feeling a bit yucked from my booster. 
The screenshot I shared is from  "MariJ" at the top of my forum page. Click arrow to right for drop-down> then I clicked on "Account Settings" under "Settings"> then on the right top under "other settings" I clicked on "Notification Settings".

But, just to thicken the plot, I see Kelly has a different path, but phone apps are always different from computers, that drives me crazy on all sites, especially since I rarely use my phone for websites.   ?

Ok, hope this isn't overkill, I tend to be too wordy and over-explain at times, must be the teacher in me.  

On the home page when I click next to my screen name, this is what I see:
1443476679_ScreenShot2022-10-02at7_01_56AM.thumb.png.1aa085b457be57ddc7e6cf2de099d7a0.png

Here's what I see when I click on "Account Settings"
2129974188_ScreenShot2022-10-02at6_49_05AM.thumb.png.31cb97e26f3c1da2badf74ec03899b74.png

Then, over on the top right when I click on "Notification Settings" this is what I see -
1201325348_ScreenShot2022-10-02at6_50_24AM.thumb.png.e3754609bc7120054131a6e3f4f46bdb.png

Here I click on "Followed Content" to get to this:
1341260743_ScreenShot2022-10-02at7_06_41AM.thumb.png.84acd82fea4b5d5121d88b17db748cd0.png

I hope I got this all correct, I have two tabs open and trying to be VERY careful but at times I'm confusing myself!
Then, again, maybe browsers are all different?  I'm on Safari on a Mac.  
And, the above might not matter anyway, since Anne Marie said she has the same checked that I do.

Let me know if this makes any sense to you.  We'll figure it out and most likely April will know, she's a whiz at this!

@MariJ I think the only difference between our paths is you chose “Followed Content” and I chose “Mentions and My Content”. Oh and yours was on the right of the screen as mine was near the bottom of the screen. I just wasn’t sure which heading would serve best. I couldn’t remember which one I looked at to change by settings. Probably both. ? Thanks for taking the time for screen shots even in your wonky booster state. ☺️

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

Oh Amy you made me laugh out loud! ?   So, did you have the orange "67"/number next to your name on the top right of the Forum?   Trying to figure out why Anne Marie is not getting the notifications?    Do you mean the number was there, you just never noticed it?   I'm wondering if that is Anne Marie, also.

@MariJ Yes, the little bubble said "67" last night. I found all kinds of comments that I never knew were there! And this morning the little bubble said "3". I don't think I ever noticed it or paid any attention. Now that I know what it is though I'll be able to respond much more promptly!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

I'm so sorry, I just saw this this morning, been feeling a bit yucked from my booster. 

Let me know if this makes any sense to you.  We'll figure it out and most likely April will know, she's a whiz at this!

Thank you for taking the time to explain this, Marilyn! I DID make an adjustment in the "Followed Content" section, so we will see if this results in a change of notifications for me. I was looking under the Mentions & My Content tab and had everything clicked, so I couldn't figure out what was going wrong. Thanks for your help! I understand the yucky booster feeling -- mine was for the Tdap (Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis) vaccine a couple of weeks ago. I had to go to an urgent care clinic to get a massive splinter taken out of my hand. I had a headache for two days and I've never had the site of an injection itch so much before! But I guess it is better than lockjaw!

33 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Thank you for taking the time to explain this, Marilyn! I DID make an adjustment in the "Followed Content" section, so we will see if this results in a change of notifications for me. I was looking under the Mentions & My Content tab and had everything clicked, so I couldn't figure out what was going wrong. Thanks for your help! I understand the yucky booster feeling -- mine was for the Tdap (Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis) vaccine a couple of weeks ago. I had to go to an urgent care clinic to get a massive splinter taken out of my hand. I had a headache for two days and I've never had the site of an injection itch so much before! But I guess it is better than lockjaw!

Ooohhhhh..   I feel for you with the splinter AND the vaccine, tetanus ones always give me issues too!   And, that's what I say about the Covid vaccines/boosters.    This reaction isn't as bad as some I've had, but I keep thinking - if the reaction feels like this, I sure don't want the virus, so I'm thankful for the protection.
I'm glad this was of some help.  I'm going to tag you here to see if you get a notification!   @Celestine  ?

23 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Ooohhhhh..   I feel for you with the splinter AND the vaccine, tetanus ones always give me issues too!   And, that's what I say about the Covid vaccines/boosters.    This reaction isn't as bad as some I've had, but I keep thinking - if the reaction feels like this, I sure don't want the virus, so I'm thankful for the protection.
I'm glad this was of some help.  I'm going to tag you here to see if you get a notification!   @Celestine  ?

Marilyn - I do get notifications for quotes and comments, but I have never received a notification when someone clicks on the heart emoji on a comment or image. Give that a try and see if I get a notification.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Ok!  I just did so you should get two notifications if that works.    I clicked on the heart right above this post, but had to alert you here that I did!  :hit-head-with-hammer:

@Celestine

Hope that works! This is what it looks like for me.  In the first one Andrea replied; in the second she clicked on the heart in another post!  ?
1623072277_ScreenShot2022-10-02at12_20_53PM.png.a16e00d09c96d34f68e8806dbf9e6ca1.png

4 hours ago, MariJ said:

Ok!  I just did so you should get two notifications if that works.    I clicked on the heart right above this post, but had to alert you here that I did!  :hit-head-with-hammer:

@Celestine

Hope that works! This is what it looks like for me.  In the first one Andrea replied; in the second she clicked on the heart in another post!  ?
1623072277_ScreenShot2022-10-02at12_20_53PM.png.a16e00d09c96d34f68e8806dbf9e6ca1.png

Marilyn - I did NOT get the notification for the "reaction" you gave to my comment in this thread, and I have never seen that style of notification. I will tag @April Showers here and she can let me (and others) know what might be the issue. Maybe I need to do something else in the settings..... Thanks for all the time you have been taking with this! It is so appreciated.

Marilyn - I did NOT get the notification for the "reaction" you gave to my comment in this thread, and I have never seen that style of notification. I will tag @April Showers here and she can let me (and others) know what might be the issue. Maybe I need to do something else in the settings..... Thanks for all the time you have been taking with this! It is so appreciated.

Oh, I'm sorry that that didn't fix it.  :(   It's no problem helping, I just wish it had helped.  It's strange that you've never seen that notification, then again - hence this whole issue!  ?
I'd tagged April earlier in this thread so I'm sure she'll see it and I know that she'll be the one to know,  April's our Forum Wiz.