October 2022 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

I'm enjoying the cooler (finally!!) weather here in Missouri.  Bring on the fall temperatures!  Halloween Candy is in full force in EVERY store that you go in these days.  To honor this, the theme this month is CANDY COMA!!  Any sweet treat will work, it does not have to technically be a candy.  It can be any sweet snack or dessert.  It's up for your interpretation.

To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, Monday, October 31, 2022.

Each month you submit a recipe you will receive a $2 gift certificate.  If you submit a recipe each month during the quarter you will receive a $5 gift certificate.  And, if you participate each month all year, at the end of the year you will receive a $15 gift certificate!

• PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!  Please remember the link is active for 7 days
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SodScrap said:

It's soooo nice to have a respite from the oppressive heat.  ?

Weeelllll...  That prolonged 6+ week high heat and humidity east summer tried even my patience because I don't really have air conditioning.  But I have to say, right now I'm miserable in the damp, "cooler" 57º weather, I just don't do it well!  Funny thing, the Oriental Medicine Doctor I went to acupuncture for used to tell me he could feel it in my body.  It just liked heat, disliked cold.  As soon as it got cooler, he could tell, he'd say we have to keep you in 75º+!    Maybe I lived in a very hot place in another life???   ?    

• Haha 1

Here is Chili Chocolate Dipped Apricots. So the story of how these were created is that my son and his girlfriend went to Ecuador and came back with some goodies for us. I found the spicy dark chocolate they had from this incredible little cottage chocolatier was too hot for me and my husband to enjoy, so we tamed it by mixing with chocolate chips and apricots. We loved this treat and I've made it for holidays ever since, but the spicy chocolate bought commercially just isn't as good as what the kids brought from Ecuador.

I will see if I can find something - not among my own recipes as I lost all those in the flood.   I can remember many years ago as an older teenager making my own peppermint lollies so I might see I can find something on the internet. 

Since a few people have said they might make the Chili Chocolate Dipped Apricots, and are a little unfamiliar with the spicy chocolate, I thought I would mention that I have used Lindt before (which I am pretty sure I bought at Walgreen's), and I have also used some other more uncommon chili dark chocolate bars found in the organic sections at grocery stores.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Celestine said:

Since a few people have said they might make the Chili Chocolate Dipped Apricots, and are a little unfamiliar with the spicy chocolate, I thought I would mention that I have used Lindt before (which I am pretty sure I bought at Walgreen's), and I have also used some other more uncommon chili dark chocolate bars found in the organic sections at grocery stores.

That's a great tip, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...