Tuesday Newsletter Challenge 10/11/22

SodScrap

Blending:  the action of mixing or combining things together.  I love blended designs and layouts.  Blended papers and backgrounds.  Blended photos.  The possibilities are endless.  I don't feel I'm very good at this technique, but we sure have some talented members here at ScrapGirls and I love their layouts.   We also have an extensive amount of tools at our fingertips in the Design Shop to help with this.  Your challenge today is to create a blended photo or paper using a mask.  

Please share your favorite blending tips and tricks OR your questions about about blending here.  Please link to your favorite blending products so we can all see.

Please post your completed layout in the Post your layout in the Weekly Newsletter Challenge Gallery and post a link in the thread below.

*I keep getting link errors as I am creating this post, I will check them once posted.

Here are two blog posts on blending:
How to make a collage paper background Technique Tuesday

Customizing blender mask templates Using Blender Mask Templates

Product links:
http://store.scrapgirls.com/ScrapSimple-Paper-Templates-Capturing-Life-Blenders.html
http://store.scrapgirls.com/ScrapSimple-Embellishment-Template-Painted-Masks.html
http://store.scrapgirls.com/ScrapSimple-Paper-Templates-Grungy-Blends.html
http://store.scrapgirls.com/ScrapSimple-Embellishment-Templates-Think-Happy-Clipping-Mask.html

I love blended photos and layouts!  I worked on my layout last night, FOUR different starts/tries.  It did NOT work, I just couldn't get it together.  I received some disturbing news yesterday and frankly, my brain was on overload.  I was hoping that some scrapping time would help that, but my brain couldn't let it go.  I am leaving this morning for appointments all over the city (an hour+ apart) so I will be away for the day.  I will try again this evening!

One think I like to do when I create blended backgrounds is to use a collage paper as one of my papers.  They are already blended and I like all the "extra" blending it adds.  I can't wait to hear your tips and tricks.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CarlaW said:

I signed up for the newsletter, but I never seem to get it.  I have checked my spam folder and everything.  No newsletter!

Contacting Angie is the best way to resolve this.   I'm tagging her here so she'll see this and I'm sure you'll be all fixed up soon, Angie is the best!  @angleigh

5 hours ago, CarlaW said:

I signed up for the newsletter, but I never seem to get it.  I have checked my spam folder and everything.  No newsletter!

Carla, email me at hello@scrapgirls.com and let me know what email address your signed up under so I can look at that

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

Angie is the best!

Thank you @MariJ! We are out of town watching Bo rodeo.  I don’t have my computer with me.  

My pleasure and oh no - again with thee "little" kids?   How is Bo not a baby?  And Charlotte is in school??  Time is going by too fast!    They are so adorable in your layouts, Conda and I can't wait to see ones of Bo Rodeo-ing.   (Is that how you say it???)

On 10/15/2022 at 11:17 AM, MariJ said:

My pleasure and oh no - again with thee "little" kids?   How is Bo not a baby?  And Charlotte is in school??  Time is going by too fast!    They are so adorable in your layouts, Conda and I can't wait to see ones of Bo Rodeo-ing.   (Is that how you say it???)

UGH.  I DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED.  I told my DIL when they started school this fall (kindergarten/pre-school) that I was NOT okay!  I was ready for my own to go, but not the grand "babies"!!

• Haha 1

Orange Beauty

Here's mine using my favorite blending technique. I learned this from Jana Morton. Have a background paper under your photo. With the photo layer selected add a layer mask. Get the gradient tool and select the transparent to black in the basic folder, use the second option (light in the center) button. May need to use the reverse in the menu bar if the transparent part of the gradient isn't on the left. Color chips should be black over white. Click in the mask of the photo layer and then using a small stroke, 1/2 inch or less, draw a line over your photo subject. A small piece of you photo should appear. Change to the brush tool and change the opacity to about 45% and if using PS, the flow about the same. Change the color chips to white over black. Click in the mask and using your brush start brushing over the photo to make it appear. Using the white will reveal the photo and using the black will cover it again. Experiment with different opacity's to show more or less.

• Like 1