Thursday Challenge: Mess Versus Masterpiece

Here is my LO so far with the random embellishments I ended up with.  Most of them seem to be pretty generic rather than themed, except for the shell pendant - and I luckily ended up with a couple of teal things that match the teal paper!  The pink bow and flowers don't go well with the red paper, though.  I'm loving everyone's layouts so far.  :)  Right now I'm just throwing everything onto the page; I'll actually organize them and place them nicely later today.

image.thumb.png.f105fb45adaf8bb9fb553672e9ce7d33.png

2 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Well here goes...

The photo is a selfie my granddaughter took in 2010. The three papers are from BMU Bon Appetit; OAWA Cozy Christmas; and CWX First Dip of Summer. So far I'm laughing at the mess.

Anniversary Mess or Masterpiece papers and photo.jpg

Diane, this photo is absolutely perfect for this challenge!  🤣  This is what I feel like after seeing my layout so far!

3 minutes ago, Jane in N.Z said:

1934724620_messbits.jpg.0c3ee2c0a8ae9256a2149ea8df67297e.jpg

mines certainly a mess.....christmas papers and embellishments in a June holiday in the UK and photos of the Queen doesn't quite match😱

Ha ha, Jane!  Your color palette so far matches pretty well, though, that's a plus.  Love the castle and Queen photos!  Awwww, I miss the Queen.

25 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

I have yucky papers... well one of them LOL I'm deciding on one of 2 photos - so far not going to look good for me LOL I may just have to choose another photo to make this work.

MorM papers YUCK.jpg

Andrea, your papers actually match each other!  Not sure about your photo, but I think you're lucking out so far!

25 minutes ago, scrapgarden said:

This is what I got so far. Now to find the next set of elements.

Anniversary-Thursday-LO-#1.jpg

Lynne, you're definitely lucking out!  Your papers and elements fit well with your photos so far, wow.  We'll have to see with the second set of embellishments though, lol.

All 7 embellishments added.  My brain is a little fried from all that counting so I haven't tried to do anything artistic (haha) with this yet. Also, I'm not too sure about the combo of Christmas paper with a big pink flower, or, come to think of it, how the hardware washer fits with anything else... but here it is:

Anniversary Mess or Masterpiece embells.jpg

Feeling blessed that I born in August, so I'd find easily outdoor pictures, since I love nature. Here's all what I have collected so far, counting a lot but it was fun. Hope isn't any new "instruction", so far loving what I have. They aren't ordered yet, I want to read the last instruction, so I know how I'm gonna put all of this together

prompt1.jpg.be2907a65335f293938de1725ccbfec5.jpg

37 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

All 7 embellishments added.  My brain is a little fried from all that counting so I haven't tried to do anything artistic (haha) with this yet. Also, I'm not too sure about the combo of Christmas paper with a big pink flower, or, come to think of it, how the hardware washer fits with anything else... but here it is:

Anniversary Mess or Masterpiece embells.jpg

Diane dear, I love the cluster at the bottom of the sweet photo, looking forward to see your whole page

All these pages are looking such great masterpieces!  :wobbly-eyes:

I have decided on which of my phone photos as my birthday is in June... will get to creating my page later today. 

• Like 1

A few of you have layouts that so far look more like masterpieces than messes... maybe a random word art will fix that issue?  😄

WordArt:

If you were born on the 1st – 9th of the month:  12th designer, 3rd collection, 7th wordart.

If you were born on the 10th-19th of the month:  7th designer, 4th collection, 5th wordart.

If you were born on the 20th-31st of the month:  6th designer, 10th collection, 5th wordart.

• Haha 1

Well, bad news and good:  I mis-read the instructions for one of the embellishments and counted forward instead of backwards, so my white flower is gone. :( But the new embellishment, counted correctly, I believe, is now a heart cluster from Syndee. Whew! The good news is that my word art actually fits!! It's "Unique".  I'm not posting the page because I've been moving stuff around.

Here is my page before I add the second lot of embellishments.  I thought this challenge would suit my photos which I took on my phone of our wedding album ruined in the flood:

2140346158_MessorMasterpiece_WeddingPhotos.thumb.jpg.f14e910c46d808bbb637981b28e6d1ca.jpg

7 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Well here goes...

The photo is a selfie my granddaughter took in 2010. The three papers are from BMU Bon Appetit; OAWA Cozy Christmas; and CWX First Dip of Summer. So far I'm laughing at the mess.

Anniversary Mess or Masterpiece papers and photo.jpg

You lucked out. Love your paper combo.

40 minutes ago, A-M said:

My 6th Designer does not have word art so I went with the 7th:

Mess-or-Masterpiece_Wedding-Photos-copy.jpg.8d4405c4359f8b5cb06d5fabf5204855.jpg

Oh Anne-Marie, the photos are heartbreaking!  So sorry about all that damage.  You definitely can't put that into words.  :( 

We all love Alphas, right?  Well, I know I do, so everyone else must, too.  😈

Title:

Use an alpha for your title (any title you wish):  Count from the bottom of your list up: 16th designer (from the bottom), 3rd collection, 1st alpha.

Edited to add, we'll have one more task after this, so stay tuned!

• Haha 1