Thursday Challenge: Mess Versus Masterpiece

Here's so far - 

One photo, 3 papers and the first 4 embellishments, that's a lot of counting for sure.   Thank goodness for using blending on papers.  For as much as I like purple, it was a bright one so I used blending on it and cropped my photo because it was taken through a paned-glass door!

Some of these embellishments don't quite fit, I'm off to see what's next!

490587103_SG18AnniversaryOct22MessorMasterpieceJP.thumb.jpg.e31e5e2e2999467d519da4ce68ee333a.jpg

• Like 1

Well, my word art is orange, so there is a theme. I had trouble finding a designer with an alpha, so when I did find this one, I was happy! Don't know what the title will be yet, so I only added an "a". I'll arrange and figure out a title after the last task. But I'm off to bed, so I'll see you all tomorrow.

messormasterpience.jpg.a717bdb9e2f7bff4907821b8110f82c9.jpg

• Like 1

Last task!

To complete our mess… I mean, masterpiece… let’s add glitter!  Everything’s better with glitter, right?  Search for either glitter or sparkles in your search tool (however you search for things on your computer), and starting from the bottom of the list, count up to the 23rd shiny object (count up from the bottom).

When your layout is done, post that beautiful mess in the Anniversary Gallery, then come back to this thread to leave a link to your layout.  Don't forget to update your post in the Anniversary Tracker, too!

Woo hoo!  You guys made it!  I'll be back soon and post my own layout, but I have to figure out how to arrange that mess.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, A-M said:

My 6th Designer does not have word art so I went with the 7th:

Mess-or-Masterpiece_Wedding-Photos-copy.jpg.8d4405c4359f8b5cb06d5fabf5204855.jpg

i had that problem with a few too...so I went to next and it still making a mess!!!!.

8 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Its amazing how many designers don't have an alpha so I think mine was number 17 but its not a bad one thankfully as my embellishments are shocking 😭

644997115_messbits.jpg.c92c378711419028b5e20d16810c5874.jpg

I guess this is why they call it mess or masterpiece but I am sure of all scrappers you will pull it off.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Its amazing how many designers don't have an alpha so I think mine was number 17 but its not a bad one thankfully as my embellishments are shocking 😭

644997115_messbits.jpg.c92c378711419028b5e20d16810c5874.jpg

Wow, Jane - I just commented on your finished product and I don't even notice your "shocking" embellishments - you did a wonderful job with them and your layout is really a Masterpiece!

• Like 1

Here's my Mess - oh my goodness, what random pieces I had in all crazy colors!
Funny story, when this happened once before a long time ago, I decided to make my layout a "Garage Sale" that was selling all those pieces!  🤣     Ro was the owner then and actually picked my layout as the winner!

Mess

Well here is mine and it is a true mess! LOL! 
I do not organize by designer/collection so I skipped collection and counted kits then elements/papers as was noted.  I organize by kit title or theme using the designer initials in the title so I can easily see who that is. (Organizing solely by designer simply doesn't make any sense to me!)  I did have to skip around some to get my word art and alpha but then chose the next one in line after the original count. 

I was born in May so this is a photo from a trip to Topsail Beach, NC in March 2013.
The top dotted paper I did use a blending mode as said was allowed because the colors were more primary so that make at least the colors match-ish. ;)  
There are two scatters but they are hard to see.  One is blue and is one of the elements and the other is silver and shiny so was my glitter element.  
The calculator is so totally random because obviously I would never choose a calculator on a vacation type layout.  At least the word art kinda sorta matched since I had a photo of the vacation house that we rented that year.  

• Like 1

Well HERE is my mess.... I did duplicate one flower because I had a chain and had to put something on the end of it ... lol That's my story and I'm sticking to it. That American flag though... hahahaha Thanks for hosting - it was brain numbing at time counting up or down...