November Photo Pages

Boatlady

21 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

Here I am with my other wig. I prefer the dark brown one more. My eyes are red here because I am allergic to the eye drops they prescribed for me. I have to lubricate my eyes because there are no lashes to help. I just thought I’d share it here. Selfie taken in June 2022.

44AECB98-3121-4E11-94A3-EBC991BE7C5E.jpeg

Oh La La...you look great in that one. I really like it for you. The cut and the color looks great in my opinion. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

November 7

Well. I had planned a whole different series of tasks for this week but found out that PS does not have the same option as PSE so I had to change the whole thing. So here goes.

There are many ways to create motion on a page. A photo or photos with moving subjects, fast or slow shutter speeds that create or freeze motion. So gather a photo or two of yours that freeze the motion or blur the motion.  I will work on two pages that show motion so below are the photos I will use.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

just-one-photo.jpg

several-motion-pics.jpg

November 8

Happy Tuesday everyone. Looks like pretty much everyone in the US is having  a few days of bad weather so it's scrapping time!!

Today's task is pretty easy.

If you are using 1 photo duplicate it and crop the action part into a circle, hexagon or triangle....no square or rectangle.

If you are using more than one pic. Leave one large then crop all the rest into a circle, hexagon or triangle....no square or rectangle.

That was it. Easy Peasy, right?. Tomorrow there will be more to do so see you then.

just-one-photo.jpg

several-motion-pics.jpg

November 9

Today will be fun and creative.

Your background it needs to be altered in some way either B&W, use an effect like sketch, add  texture, blend or mask, if you really want to play use a combination. If you have PSE there are edits you can do in the guided tab on the top of your workspace. There are many things in the "Fun edits" that can work with motion. Speed Effect, Speed Pan and Zoom Burst Effect. Play around with them, I am finding them to be really fun. Following are a few examples.

First two are the speed pan but what different looks with my busy background and Reeds plain background. Reed playing laser tag is the zoom burst effect.

I look forward to seeing your creativity with this task. If you have questions please feel free to contact me.

speed-pan.jpgVegas.jpg

speed-pan-effect.jpg

Zoom-effect.jpglaser-tag.jpg

I think the background has allot to do with the way the blur looks. It will be fine. Those are fun edits right???

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Belle said:

@Boatlady I think I'm really dense today. I already did a blur on my main photo. Is it the background paper that must be adjusted now?

Belle my fault for not conveying the answer correctly I mean the background of the main photo to be blurred so I believe you did it correct... You can do whatever you want with your background paper. Remember there are no hard and fast rules I am just try to have you convey motion in your page.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Boatlady said:

November 9

Today will be fun and creative.

Your background it needs to be altered in some way either B&W, use an effect like sketch, add  texture, blend or mask, if you really want to play use a combination. If you have PSE there are edits you can do in the guided tab on the top of your workspace. There are many things in the "Fun edits" that can work with motion. Speed Effect, Speed Pan and Zoom Burst Effect. Play around with them, I am finding them to be really fun. Following are a few examples.

First two are the speed pan but what different looks with my busy background and Reeds plain background. Reed playing laser tag is the zoom burst effect.

I look forward to seeing your creativity with this task. If you have questions please feel free to contact me.

speed-pan.jpgVegas.jpg

speed-pan-effect.jpg

Zoom-effect.jpglaser-tag.jpg

I love the blur you got!

@Jane in N.Z this looks great. @Belle Andrea asked what program so I wonder if that is why you are having a problem. PSE has these special edits built in. I am beginning to think that I should have gone a different direction with the week's tasks. Just do the best you can do.

• Thanks 2

November 10

Hi Ladies, I hope you are doing ok with my tasks. I am sorry that you are having so much trouble with blur. I guess I thought more of you used PSE so I would be having you learn a new photo treatment. So I apologize for the difficulties.

Today will be easy. Frame your photos and arrange in a way to show the  motion. Use any frame or frames you want. You can use a mask on your large photo if your are looking for a different look. If you are pressed for time you can use the frames in your program instead of searching through your collections. Just go with what you like it will be awesome I am sure.

We have HIGH winds and RAIN today from Hurricane Nicole so it would be a good day to stay in but I have to go 1/2 hour to get Gel injections in my knees and then pack to go camping for 10 days.  My heart goes out to all those on the  East Coast who are getting beat up by Nicole.

25 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

November 10

Hi Ladies, I hope you are doing ok with my tasks. I am sorry that you are having so much trouble with blur. I guess I thought more of you used PSE so I would be having you learn a new photo treatment. So I apologize for the difficulties.

Today will be easy. Frame your photos and arrange in a way to show the  motion. Use any frame or frames you want. You can use a mask on your large photo if your are looking for a different look. If you are pressed for time you can use the frames in your program instead of searching through your collections. Just go with what you like it will be awesome I am sure.

We have HIGH winds and RAIN today from Hurricane Nicole so it would be a good day to stay in but I have to go 1/2 hour to get Gel injections in my knees and then pack to go camping for 10 days.  My heart goes out to all those on the  East Coast who are getting beat up by Nicole.

Stay safe. Enjoy your trip.

30 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

Hi Ladies, I hope you are doing ok with my tasks. I am sorry that you are having so much trouble with blur. I guess I thought more of you used PSE so I would be having you learn a new photo treatment

I think we all struggle when learning something new. I use PS CC and there’s a couple of options in the filter gallery. I used the motion blur filter. My difficulty  was that I picked a complex photo so it was hard to isolate the background to blur it. :hit-head-with-hammer: 

Good luck with your injections, stay dry and safe have fun travels. 

14 hours ago, Boatlady said:

November 10

Hope all goes well with the shots... and be careful with Nicole. She's nasty.

November 11

Add up to 2 background papers, a title and subtitle if you wish. Here is the fun part as many or as few embellishments as you want.

We high wind and rain almost the whole day. Our rain gauge said 3 3/4 inches of rain. Our area had minimal damage but the East Coast is in rough shape so I wish them all well during the rebuilding process. Now Nicole is dumping rain on her way North. Shots went well and today I can already walk better.

• Like 1

November 12

Last set of tasks this week ...I hope I remember what they were because I forgot my notes at home when we left yesterday for this camping trip so here goes.

Add some journaling a line or two is ok but feel free to write more, shadows and any finishing touches you wanted. Post to Hodge Podge Gallery Oh that was easy!! Happy Scrapping.

Have a great weekend and see you on Monday....easy week of tasks I promise.

3 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Here are  a couple of my completed pages Reed- soccer

Here is another I made Water fun

Something strange is happening. I've left a comment on your Flying High layout twice already but ever time I hit enter the page begins to shiver and shake and no comment. I'll try tomorrow. Must be a gremlin. I've managed to LSL on your other layouts with no problem. I bet you anything when I look tomorrow, there will be 2 comments. :hit-head-with-hammer:

Okay, so I did shut down and then went back to check. Yup 2 comments. I deleted one.