Kathy Peterson

Petezone

I have been using  ACDSee 15 to store all of my scrap girls supplies.  I also use Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019.

It has been a few months since I last did any scrapbooking.  I am ready to start again. I am having a problem getting any of my supplies ( templates, papers etc.) to open on my blank page in Photoshop.   I can bring pictures onto my blank page, and put them in my photo bin.  When I go to ACDSee & select (highlight) an embellishment, paper or template and click on “External Editor” nothing happens.  I have re-read all of my notes and tried and tried but cannot seem to find an answer.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

I have always been able to click on External Editor and my Scrapbook Element or template would load onto my blank page in photoshop.

Any help or suggestion is most welcome.

Thanks,  Kathy

On 11/5/2022 at 7:37 PM, April Showers said:

I don't use it either, but from what I remember of it, the program makes it easy to view and organize your files, but doesn't actually store them. You may want to check the drive you keep your supplies on to make sure the supplies are where they were when you set up the program. 

I echo this sentiment. I used to use the program before Picasa - and April is correct, it doesn't store your photos but links to them. Maybe the pathway from the photos to the program is broken somehow.  I googled ACDsee Troubleshooting and there is a helpline you can call directly. Hope you get it resolved!  In the meantime, can you drag and drop into PSE directly from your folders?

On 11/4/2022 at 3:18 PM, Celestine said:

Kathy, I hope someone is able to answer your question. I don't use ACDSee, but maybe someone else does. Good luck!

I too, do not use ACDSee - I hope you get it sorted out. It's frustrating when things don't work right. I used Photopea for a long time (like Photoshop) and it's free - maybe that's a temporary solution?

• 2 months later...