Cookie Exchange 2022

April Showers

On 12/16/2022 at 6:40 AM, LindaH57 said:

Good morning Marilyn, thank you for your kind words regarding my recipe. I went and posted another recipe card for Chocolate Crinkle (no peppermint oil, pure vanilla extract instead). Hope you enjoy them if you make them!

Hi Linda, I made your Nana's Crinkle Cookies with the vanilla instead of the peppermint last night.   They look so pretty and taste good!   Do they look as they should?   I might have made them a little too small.  This was the last batch, the one at the bottom fell apart.  I did not eat it!   😱
(Actually I tried a whole one all on its own. 🤣). Thank you!  :xmastree:
@LindaH57

IMG_7819.thumb.jpeg.ccf4f8f434ccf35fbfd45cfe283f10eb.jpeg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Hi Linda, I made your Nana's Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with the vanilla instead of peppermint.   They are so pretty and taste so good!   You know I had to try one, right?  🤣

🤣 LOL! As I got older, my Nana said those cookies had 0 calories!  🤔 Did she tell the truth? Thank you for letting me know you took a walk down memory lane. Stay safe, be well and Happy Holidays to you and your family/friends! 🎄🕎

34 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Hi Linda, I made your Nana's Crinkle Cookies with the vanilla instead of the peppermint last night.   They look so pretty and taste good!   Do they look as they should?   I might have made them a little too small.  This was the last batch, the one at the bottom fell apart.  I did not eat it!   😱
(Actually I tried a whole one all on its own. 🤣). Thank you!  :xmastree:
@LindaH57

IMG_7819.thumb.jpeg.ccf4f8f434ccf35fbfd45cfe283f10eb.jpeg

Nana would have given you a two👍! They look absolutely divine and delicious!

1 hour ago, LindaH57 said:

Nana would have given you a two👍! They look absolutely divine and delicious!

Thanks Linda!   And, I have such a nice, warm feeling knowing it's your Nana's recipes.   Those are the best and these cookies really ARE good.   I just packed them away so I don't eat more!    Have you ever froze them?   I've been doing that with the cookies I started early.

1 hour ago, LindaH57 said:

🤣 LOL! As I got older, my Nana said those cookies had 0 calories!  🤔 Did she tell the truth? Thank you for letting me know you took a walk down memory lane. Stay safe, be well and Happy Holidays to you and your family/friends! 🎄🕎

Haha, ohhhhhhhh I think I tend to believe your Nana and think they have 0 calories!   Oh yes, it was fun making these knowing they were your Nana's recipe, that's so special.  💜   Wishing you and yours the same!   I can't believe it soon will be less than a week.   Better get back to work, I'm alternating between cookie baking and cleaning and I'll bet you can guess what is my favorite.  🤣 🍪:shousework_carpet_vacuuming_100-101:

23 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Thanks Linda!   And, I have such a nice, warm feeling knowing it's your Nana's recipes.   Those are the best and these cookies really ARE good.   I just packed them away so I don't eat more!    Have you ever froze them?   I've been doing that with the cookies I started early.

Hi Marilyn, yes I have frozen these cookies. I have done it two ways… I used my sealer and left a little air in the bag so I didn't crush the cookies. The other was using some Tupperware that was safe for the freezer. When they were in the Tupperware container, I would pop the lid open and grab a couple to place in the microwave! It was nice to have the cookie warm when enjoying it with a cup of tea or a glass of milk.
My Nana also served a couple of these cookies around a bowl of ice cream! Obviously, she did not worry about calories or the amount of sugar we were eating as kids in the late 50s and early 60s!
Hugs, Linda

5 hours ago, LindaH57 said:

Hi Marilyn, yes I have frozen these cookies. I have done it two ways… I used my sealer and left a little air in the bag so I didn't crush the cookies. The other was using some Tupperware that was safe for the freezer. When they were in the Tupperware container, I would pop the lid open and grab a couple to place in the microwave! It was nice to have the cookie warm when enjoying it with a cup of tea or a glass of milk.
My Nana also served a couple of these cookies around a bowl of ice cream! Obviously, she did not worry about calories or the amount of sugar we were eating as kids in the late 50s and early 60s!
Hugs, Linda

Oh, my gosh!   That's exactly what I was thinking about - how awesome the cookies would be with ice cream, yum!  Thanks for the freezer info.   I'm using these as part of my Christmas cookie gifts, but I'll try to save some for me.    I actually did your second suggestion - had a very long, thin Tupperware (oops, hope it's freezer safe!) and put a one layer down, then covered it with wax paper and carefully put another layer on top.   OOOOhhhhh...  I just LOVE your idea of popping the lid and warming them in the microwave - heaven!    

Thanks Linda!  💜

• 3 weeks later...