Siggie challenge

alsoarty

Hi there, me again. Your task is to create a Siggie for the Cozy Christmas/December, Holiday. Sorry for the short notice, you need to upload your siggie by Sunday 4th, tomorrow. Upload your siggie here in this thread.

You can find the instructions on creating a siggie HERE.

• Like 2

I received this too late yesterday. Today we are having Loadshedding 4 times. We are going off for the 2nd time in few minutes.  What is the deadline for this challenge? You said Sunday? I'm just trying to do the time difference. 

9 hours ago, Celestine said:

That is so cool that it is a good luck charm for you, Marilyn and the way you changed it.

Thank you!  I made it many years back when I was waiting for a surgery that turned out successfully and with good news.  I picked the original pieces specifically for peace and healing so I always think of it that way and don't like to change it!  😊

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Belle said:

I received this too late yesterday. Today we are having Loadshedding 4 times. We are going off for the 2nd time in few minutes.  What is the deadline for this challenge? You said Sunday? I'm just trying to do the time difference. 

You're on time Belle. Sorry about the load shedding. I hate that they do this to you guys.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, barbaraj said:

No, it was 72 pixels. I need a tutorial!

1862706143_ScreenShot2022-12-04at6_16_14PM.thumb.png.7d883d7f8874f80d85083df027c4bfbc.png

Hi Barbara, here's my measurements and from what you said yours are it sound like they are fine!
I'll tell you what I did to upload mine, I'm not sure if it's how you did yours but maybe it will help?

So, after I completed my new Siggie I saved it as a .png on my computer.  On the Forum homepage I went to the top right and clicked on the arrow next to my Avatar photo and from the "Settings" drop down menu clicked on "Account Settings".

On the top left of the "Settings" page I clicked on "Signature" which should bring you to the page showing your Siggie and any blinkies you have.
Next, I put my cursor to the right of my old Siggie and pressed delete to erase it.   
Then I drag and dropped my new Siggie into the box below: "Drag files here to attach".  (just like we do posting layouts).

Back up above in the "Signature" box I clicked my cursor where the old Siggie had been, then went back down below to the new Siggie and clicked "Insert" which appears when you hover over the Siggie.   It should pop right up to the top where your old SIggie was and the new one should be.  Then click "save" and it should be ok.

I'm sorry if you did all this and I'm just repeating and I hope it doesn't complicate things more, but I thought maybe if I explained how it worked for me it might work for you!  🤞  Good luck.  ☘️

16 hours ago, Belle said:

You sure did!

Most of the time my problems came from having a line space above the siggie, and/or between the siggie and the badges. I delete those and then it works.

28 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

Most of the time my problems came from having a line space above the siggie, and/or between the siggie and the badges. I delete those and then it works.

Andrea, I can't find where you explained how you got your Siggie to be large, did you say you made two separate ones?  It looks great.   Is that what you mean about lines?  I never thought about that, that a line can cause issues.

7 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Andrea, I can't find where you explained how you got your Siggie to be large, did you say you made two separate ones?  It looks great.   Is that what you mean about lines?  I never thought about that, that a line can cause issues.

Yes. I start with 4” x 8” . Create the siggie. Then I crop into 2 - 4” squares. I resize each of them to the 225 px and 72dpi. Then I upload both of them, and make sure there is no space between them. Voila! A larger siggie. I hope I explained that correctly.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, barbaraj said:

@MariJ Thanks so much for the advice! I learned a couple of things I didn't know about loading a siggy.
I followed your steps and Bam! It loaded!

Oh YAY, Barbara, I'm so happy it helped!   I was hesitant to write it all out, but for the first time for me it had worked with no issues.  (Shhhhhh don't tell the gremlins).
It's so frustrating when something won't work, so glad it did and I love your new Siggie, most particularly the Gmome, you use them so well!  😊

11 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Yes. I start with 4” x 8” . Create the siggie. Then I crop into 2 - 4” squares. I resize each of them to the 225 px and 72dpi. Then I upload both of them, and make sure there is no space between them. Voila! A larger siggie. I hope I explained that correctly.

Thanks, Andrea!