White Elephant Gift Exchange (game)

Mikelle

Welcome to the White Elephant Gift Exchange!  In the next post, I will list all participants in order according to the number each person was randomly assigned.  This will be the order in which you will choose your gifts.  As we go along, keep an eye on this thread so you know when it's your turn.  To help you, I will also tag you when it is your turn, and I'll tag you if someone has stolen your gift from you - which means you'll get another turn! (If you're tagged in a post, you'll get a notification, which you can see by clicking the world icon at the top right of the page, near where your profile name shows up).

HOW THE GAME WORKS:  When it's your turn to pick a gift, you may either steal a gift that has already been "opened" by someone else, or you may choose a new unopened gift.  If your gift is stolen from you at some point during the game, then you will get another turn, to either steal another gift from someone else, or choose a new gift.  

RULES:  

1.  You may not steal the gift back that was just stolen from you.  

2.  Each gift can only be stolen twice.   

3. The third person who "owns" a particular gift gets to keep it, and that gift will no longer be in play.  

4.  The first person to choose a gift (first to take a turn) will get a chance at the end of the game to decide whether to keep the gift she has at that time, or steal a different gift from those that are still available.  Only fair!

5.  We have a lot of participants, and so to keep the game moving along, if someone doesn't drop in within a 12 -hour period (give or take) to take their turn, we'll move on to the next person.  The person who missed their turn will be able to make it up at the end.  :) 

I will be tracking who has what gifts and how many times a gift has changed hands; you will also be able to see that info on the game board.  I'll be updating the game board and posting it in this thread each time a gift changes hands.  This game will continue until the last person has had a turn and all gifts have settled with their new owners.  We have all month, right?  🤶  Try to check in as often as you can, though, to make sure it's not YOUR turn!

(Order of players is listed in next post)

Here is the order in which you will play - I used a random order generator to randomly assign your numbers:

1. Diane
  2. Marilyn
  3. April
  4. Amy D
  5. Kelly
  6. Barbara J
  7. Celestine
  8. Andrea
  9. Jane (in NZ)
  10. Grace J
  11. Bea
  12. Conda
  13. Carla (CRS)
  14. Laura
  15. Amy (mimes)
  16. Hilary
  17. Debby
  18. Carol (carolwenxin)
  19. Anne-Marie
  • Like 1

Here is the game board.  I adjusted the list, and now Diane is first!  @Florida grannySince you are the first person to choose a gift, you will also get a chance at the very end of the game to decide whether you want to keep whatever gift you have by then, or steal a different gift from among the gifts that are still in play.  

Choose one of the photo squares in the graphic below and post your choice.  I will then unveil your gift!  

image.thumb.jpeg.04387dd2ac777d17c20298e83e57a3e3.jpeg

I think I'll be hearing Jeopardy theme music every time we wait for someone to pop in and take their turn!

• Like 2

Congratulations Diane @Florida granny, you won a $5 gift card to the Scrap Girls Boutique.  This might be temporary, so hold tight!

@MariJ It is now your turn.  Would you like to steal Diane's gift, or would you like to pick a new gift?  If a new one, let me know which square you choose below (if anyone has difficulty reading the text on the game board, just click on the board once and it should pop up nice and big for you, just like a layout).

WhiteEl2022GameBoard.jpg

Well, the way I figure it, that $5 GC is going to get stolen soon enough, so I think I will try for something new...    Which of course can get stolen just as well because we have the whole game to go through for people to steal it...   Sigh....

Ok, thanks Mikelle I will pick the gingerbread man, bottom row second from the right.  I'm not sure what to hope for. 🤞
Well, I guess if I get it stolen, then I can pick again or go back to steal from Diane.  Haha...  🤣

• Haha 1

Congratulations, Marilyn @MariJ , you won one item from Scrap Girls "Classes" section!  😄 Hang onto that gift, it might just be temporary.

And now it is @April Showers April's turn.  April, take a look at the game board below.  Would you like to steal one of the gifts already uncovered, or would you like to choose a new gift?  Let me know!

image.thumb.jpeg.7f3b883e42655c481d436df4637a4725.jpeg

Wow, Palm Beach, Australia!  Wouldn't Florida be closer?   😂  I wish I could say our Game Board had a trip to Australia on it as a prize... but you did win a Collection Biggie of your choice.  @Amy D Congratulations!  Hold onto it for now, I have a feeling that one might be a favorite. When are you leaving on your trip?  Wondering when you might not be available to choose again, if your gift gets stolen at some point.

Kelly @ladyscrapalot is next!  Kelly, you may either pick a new gift that is hiding under one of the cute embellishments on the game board below, OR you may choose to steal another players' gift that has already been opened.  What would you like to do?

WhiteEl2022GameBoard.jpg

Now we're cooking!  Kelly @ladyscrapalot is the new owner of the Collection Biggie!  

@Amy D Amy, would you like to choose a new gift, or steal a different one?  Unfortunately you may not steal back the Collection Biggie from Kelly - although later in the game you can, if it is still available and you have to choose yet again.  Updated game board is below:

WhiteEl2022GameBoard.jpg

@Amy D You have won a free spot on the Holiday Layout Bingo Board!  One step closer to winning a prize in Bingo this month.  Hold that prize, that might be stolen, too!

@barbaraj Barbara, you're next up!  You may either choose a new gift that is hidden under one of the cute embellishments on the game board below, OR you may steal one of the gifts that has already been opened.  Let me know what you choose!

WhiteEl2022GameBoard.jpg

Congrats @ladyscrapalot Kelly, you won your choice of 1 Value Pack from the SG Boutique!  Not bad, not bad!  Hang onto that prize if you can!  😁

@Celestine  It is your turn to pick a prize!  You may choose a new gift that is hidden under one of the cute embellishments on the game board below, OR you may steal one of the other players' prizes if they are still available (a big red X means a prize is no longer in play).  What will it be?

image.thumb.jpeg.4d3c5dcca26ca19ca9d8cb22999b5968.jpeg

Andrea, it's almost your turn - @MariJ Marilyn gets to pick or steal another gift, since Celestine just stole hers.  🤣

Marilyn, you may choose another new gift, or steal an available gift - except for the one that was just stolen from you!  (WHY do I keep hearing Jeopardy music?!!!)

image.thumb.jpeg.2888b1770675f12b5412287457ca6491.jpeg