Holiday Scavenger Hunt - Winners Posted

April Showers

It’s Time for our Holiday Scavenger Hunt!

2022_HolidayScavengerHunt-600.jpg

Here’s how to play the game:

•  Using your best scavenger skills, search the Scrap Girls Boutique for the embellishments used to decorate the wreath.
  • Make a list of the product name and its web address link for each item you find. You’ll know when you’ve found the correct product when you see this star image 2015_BoutiqueHunt_Star-1in.jpg on the product details page. You may need to scroll down to see the star.
  •  When you’ve found as many as you can, email a list of the product names and web links to games@scrapgirls.com by 11:59 p.m. ET, Monday, January 2nd. Use the subject line “Holiday Scavenger Hunt” for your email entry; include your name and your Scrap Girls Forum user name, if available.
  •  You don't have to find them all to play the game, but everyone who correctly identifies all the products will win a $5.00 Gift Certificate to the Scrap Girls Design Shop!
  • If you find 5-9 correct products, you’ll be entered into a drawing for a $5.00 Gift Certificate.
  • If you find 10-19 or more products, you’ll be entered into a drawing for a $7.00 Gift Certificate and will also qualify for the lower drawing.
  • If you find 20-29 or more products, you’ll be entered into a drawing for a $10.00 Gift Certificate and will also qualify for the lower drawing.
  • If you find all 30 products, you will also be entered into a drawing for a $20 Gift Certificate!

HINTS: There are 30 embellishments. The background papers and the wreath are NOT included. Everything is very straight-forward: You’ll be looking for embellishments only. There are no ScrapSimple products, brushes, or tools. The included designers are listed below.
If the item is available in more than one place (like Value Packs and Embellishment Sets) the star will be on the main collection or kit page, though one item this year is a Value Pack.

Use the Shop Search Tools. If you haven’t tried the advanced search before, you can narrow your search to a specific designer and product type. 

Note: The red felt and gingham Christmas tree doesn't show in the product preview, so the link is posted below.

If you aren't up to playing the game, enjoy the pretty Christmas wreath or try making your own using your favorite embellishments! Have fun!

Included Designers:
Adrienne Skelton
AFT Designs
Aftermidnight Designs
Aimee Harrison
Angela Blanchard
Angie Briggs
Bee Creation - Red Christmas Tree (So sorry, it doesn't show in the preview!) http://store.scrapgirls.com/Country-Xmas-Collection.html
Bekah E Designs
Blue Heart Scraps
Brandy Murry
Butterfly Dsign
CarolW Designs
Carolyn Kite
Chere Kaye
Connie Prince
Designs By Helly
Diane Rooney
DRB Designs
Elisha Barnett
Laitha Art Studio
Laura Louie
Marlene Peacock
Pretty JuScrap
Sekada Designs
Silvia Romeo
Susie Roberts
Syndee Rogers
Tami Miller
Trixie Scraps Designs
Veronica Spriggs

• Like 2

Wanted to post this list I made for myself, it's not "official" - but hopefully this will make it a bit easier for anyone to find the goodies!

1. Dog house
  2. View master film
  3. Striped heart
  4. Christmas tree - red
  5. Flower - green & white
  6. Bling heart
  7. Lantern
  8. Snowflake cookie
  9. Red 5 petal flower
  10. Snowbird
  11. Paint pallet
  12. Red convertible
  13. Green flower 
  14. Deer
  15. Red & white cookie snowflake
  16. Plaid bow
  17. Present
  18. Red gingham flower
  19. Star
  20. Dino
  21. Red 8 petal flower
  22. Stopwatch
  23. Round cookie
  24. Red ornament
  25. Rooster
  26. Peppermint
  27. Mermaid
  28. Brown & red flower
  29. Dove
  30. Green & red Flower 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, barbaraj said:

@April Showers I found one by Bee creations where the preview doesn't have anything on the wreath. Or am I wrong. Did someone already solve what was there? I couldn't find anything.

Me too! Glad to know not the only one ... I'm with you @CRS, I'm pretty tenacious (aka stubborn) but my wish list is GROWING! 

54 minutes ago, barbaraj said:

@April Showers I found one by Bee creations where the preview doesn't have anything on the wreath. Or am I wrong. Did someone already solve what was there? I couldn't find anything.

I really do check to see if the things show, but I must have originally chosen another embellishment from that collection. I promise, the stitched Christmas tree really is in the kit, though only the stitched star shows in the layouts. Thanks for letting me know!

16 hours ago, scrapgarden said:

@April Showers I have found 2 kits by Helly with stars. In one of the kits I can't find a ornament from it on the wreath. Do designers have more that one star to their name?

There should be only one. The other is a nano kit with the same name by a different designer.  I messaged Angie. Hopefully it will be on the correct product tomorrow. 

FYI - Susie Robert's product is currently missing its star. ;) 

This has been fixed. Susie's product now has a star and there is only one of Helly's products with a star. Another big hint is that they have a kit with the same name. :santa-smilie:

2 hours ago, April Showers said:

I really do check to see if the things show, but I must have originally chosen another embellishment from that collection. I promise, the stitched Christmas tree really is in the kit, though only the stitched star shows in the layouts. Thanks for letting me know!

That Christmas tree is WELL hidden. I've looked and looked and I can't find it either! I'm going to take your work for it.

19 minutes ago, scrapgarden said:

That Christmas tree is WELL hidden. I've looked and looked and I can't find it either! I'm going to take your work for it.

The tree is in the kit, but it really doesn't show in the kit preview or layouts. I usually check to see if it is visible in the images before I use it on the tree, but missed it for this one.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, April Showers said:

The tree is in the kit, but it really doesn't show in the kit preview or layouts. I usually check to see if it is visible in the images before I use it on the tree, but missed it for this one.

So funny!   This is absolutely one reason why I won't buy some of the newer collections - when you can't see all that is included in it!   I wish designers would make the preview clear and not piled one on top of the other.  I like seeing what I'm getting! 😱

• Like 3

6 hours ago, April Showers said:

It is so much better than the Tree of Doom used to be.  :xmastree: At least there is a star so you know when you've found it.   

Oh my goodness you are so right April!   The Tree of Doom was truly a Masterpieces but SOOOoooooo hard!   Although I usually did it, this year somehow I'm dragging.    🤷‍♀️.  And, thanks for the star!   

Happy Holidays!

I too have a love-hate feeling about this game but continue to play it. My Wish List has definitely gotten bigger since playing the games this month. I have a feeling I will be adding a couple more to my Wish List after playing this game!
Thank you April for organizing and hosting this fun game. The star  is a most welcome addition to the game! Thanks!

Good luck everyone!

:ssig_fyi_100-100: I edited my earlier post, but just so you know, the misplaced star  has been fixed. Susie's product now has a star and there is just one of Helly's products with a star. Another big hint is that they have a kit with the same name. :santa-smilie: Just to clarify, the kits used on the wreath don't have the same name. 

Also note that I've given you the link for Bee Creation's kit in the opening post because the felt and gingham tree :xmastree: I used doesn't show in the preview or layouts. 

I have a granddaughter next to me choosing blinkies for you... :santa: :rudolf:  :mikec: :present: 
:christmas:       :snow14:   :angel:

I added more emoticons to the forum a few months ago. When you click on the smiley in the top bar, click on "Categories" and choose "Emoticons" and you'll find them along with those that have been on the forum all along.
I totally meant to use this one with the Cookie Exchange. :sxmas_100-134:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, April Showers said:

:ssig_fyi_100-100: I edited my earlier post, but just so you know, the misplaced star  has been fixed. Susie's product now has a star and there is just one of Helly's products with a star. Another big hint is that they have a kit with the same name. :santa-smilie:

Also note that I've given you the link for Bee Creation's kit in the opening post because the felt and gingham tree :xmastree: I used doesn't show in the preview or layouts. 

I have a granddaughter next to me choosing blinkies for you... :santa: :rudolf:  :mikec: :present: 

I added more emoticons to the forum a few months ago. When you click on the smiley in the top bar, click on "Categories" and choose "Emoticons" and you'll find them along with those that have been on the forum all along.

Very cute April! I really like the plate of cookies! 🍪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, April Showers said:

Oh my goodness, your Granddaughter did a wonderful job choosing blinks, I love them!  Thanks for the tips, I like the new ones and I'm always looking for a good one!

The cookie one is so cool, but I couldn't find it!   :seating_cooking_chef_100-103:   

:christmas: to you and all!  

Ok friends, went through CarolW's entire shop twice & found NO star! Any hints would be appreciated, I will not give up! Now, off to Silvia Romeo's shop for the 2nd time ... :hit-head-with-hammer:

1 hour ago, Amy D said:

Ok friends, went through CarolW's entire shop twice & found NO star! Any hints would be appreciated, I will not give up! Now, off to Silvia Romeo's shop for the 2nd time ... :hit-head-with-hammer:

I've been through CarolW's shop twice as well with no luck. That's all I have left.

• April Showers changed the title to Holiday Scavenger Hunt - Winners Posted