Newbie Gallery Question

CherylN

@CherylN Hi Cheryl - Just go to your profile picture at the top right of the page and click on that. Then go to "Profile".  Then go to "See my activity" and click on that. Then go to the left column and there will be "Images". Click on that and it will show you everything you've posted, regardless of what gallery it's in.  Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

Just now, mimes1 said:

@CherylN Hi Cheryl - Just go to your profile picture at the top right of the page and click on that. Then go to "See my activity" and click on that. Then go to the left column and there will be "Images". Click on that and it will show you everything you've posted, regardless of what gallery it's in.  Hope this helps. 

Oh, thank you!!!  I'm going to go try that now.  I can get to the gallery, but can't find what I've posted.  🧡

@CherylN I revised the instructions above. Just go to your profile picture at the top right of the page and click on that. Then go to "Profile".  Then go to "See my activity" and click on that. Then go to the left column and there will be "Images". Click on that and it will show you everything you've posted, regardless of what gallery it's in.  Hope this helps. 

I forgot to type one tiny step so try the above. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mimes1 said:

@CherylN I revised the instructions above. Just go to your profile picture at the top right of the page and click on that. Then go to "Profile".  Then go to "See my activity" and click on that. Then go to the left column and there will be "Images". Click on that and it will show you everything you've posted, regardless of what gallery it's in.  Hope this helps. 

That must be why I hit a wall.  Hahaha  Thanks!!

14 hours ago, mimes1 said:

Thank you Amy - it was a question I never thought to ask and you've answered it!

14 hours ago, CherylN said:

Is there a quick way to find "My Gallery"?  I'm feeling a little foolish asking this but can't seem to find it on my own.  I'm sure it's right in front of my eyes and I'm just not seeing it.  🤪

Thank you for asking - I've been on the site for years and I didn't know the answer to this. Just shows there's no such thing as a foolish question! Keep asking them and we'll all find out new things. 🙂

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mimes1 said:

Thank @MariJ I had to ask for help on this more than once and Marilyn always saved the day! It's committed to memory now. 

Awwwww..  Amy, thank you!  You are a good learner, so hopefully that means I'm a good teacher.  Thanks for this post.  😊

Thank you ALL for your responses!!  I found my albums, now is there any way to change the cover?  My cover on my album is from 2011.  I might need to start a new album.  I'm not sure what I want to do.  I loved finding my old layouts, but I'd like to have one of my new ones on the cover.  Maybe that's not doable.

I don't have any albums so don't know for sure, but have you tried right clicking/option click on a Mac to see if it give you any choices?    Are there maybe any 3 dots or horizontal lines to click on for options?  

Do you see anyplace you might click on for choices?  I don't know, just guessing on things to try.

Just now, MariJ said:

I don't have any albums so don't know for sure, but have you tried right clicking/option click on a Mac to see if it give you any choices?    Are there maybe any 3 dots or horizontal lines to click on for options?    I don't know, just guessing on things to try.

Thanks, MariJ.  I just peeked at your profile page (just because your post was right above mine) and I LOVE how your images are showing on that page!  How did you do that???  Aren't I pest???  🤪

1 minute ago, CherylN said:

Thanks, MariJ.  I just peeked at your profile page (just because your post was right above mine) and I LOVE how your images are showing on that page!  How did you do that???  Aren't I pest???  🤪

Hi Cheryl, thanks!   Do you mean the ocean photos?   Never a pest, it's how we learn.
You have me wondering now, I've never made albums and I'm poking around seeing what I can find out about that!

• Like 1

@CherylN

Bingo!   Well I did find this below in THIS thread that might help:

"From Carla (CRS)

It took some poking around, but to make your own Album in the Gallery, you go to the Gallery and choose Members' Gallery. Then you click on the orange tab that says Add Images. A dialog box will pop up with 3 choices, continue without creating an album, create a new album or use an existing one. If you create a new album, you'll be asked to create a name and a brief description. Then to access that album in the future, you can go to the gallery in your profile using the steps Marilyn outlined above. Instead of clicking Images, you'll click on Albums."

I just see now that's from 2019.   Hopefully it still works or we can ask April, she's a whiz at these things!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Hi Cheryl, thanks!   Do you mean the ocean photos?   Never a pest, it's how we learn.
You have me wondering now, I've never made albums and I'm poking around seeing what I can find out about that!

No, I got a big picture on my header, but your images show up on your profile page.  It's so cool!  I have NO idea how I made that album.  LOL  I made it way back in 2011.  I'm kind of feeling my way around here still.  Glad I'm ot being a pest.  😁

To Edit Your Album Cover

@CherylN Okay - I think I figured it out. In your profile section, click on "See My Activity." Click on "Albums." Your various albums should pop up. Click on the title of the album you wish to edit. All of the images in that album should show up collectively. Click on the image you wish to set as your album cover. Run your cursor/mouse across the gallery image. Along the bottom you should have two white boxes pop up, and one will be called "Image Tools." Click on the triangle in that box and you get some options. Choose "Set As" and the select "Set as Album Cover Photo." Close the gallery page, which should take you back to the album images. Refresh the page and then the newly selected layout should pop into place as your new album cover. Let me know if you have any problems.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Celestine said:

To Edit Your Album Cover

@CherylN Okay - I think I figured it out. In your profile section, click on "See My Activity." Click on "Albums." Your various albums should pop up. Click on the title of the album you wish to edit. All of the images in that album should show up collectively. Click on the image you wish to set as your album cover. Run your cursor/mouse across the gallery image. Along the bottom you should have two white boxes pop up, and one will be called "Image Tools." Click on the triangle in that box and you get some options. Choose "Set As" and the select "Set as Album Cover Photo." Close the gallery page, which should take you back to the album images. Refresh the page and then the newly selected layout should pop into place as your new album cover. Let me know if you have any problems.

So good to know, I'm glad to learn this.   Since I don't have any albums I had no way to check how to do it!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

To Edit Your Album Cover

Oh thank you so much!!  I will try this!!  You are all so helpful!  

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

@CherylN

Bingo!   Well I did find this below in THIS thread that might help:

"From Carla (CRS)

It took some poking around, but to make your own Album in the Gallery, you go to the Gallery and choose Members' Gallery. Then you click on the orange tab that says Add Images. A dialog box will pop up with 3 choices, continue without creating an album, create a new album or use an existing one. If you create a new album, you'll be asked to create a name and a brief description. Then to access that album in the future, you can go to the gallery in your profile using the steps Marilyn outlined above. Instead of clicking Images, you'll click on Albums."

I just see now that's from 2019.   Hopefully it still works or we can ask April, she's a whiz at these things!

That's awesome - I'm so glad that I brought this up!  😆