How do you Scrap?

Jana_2worldsart

Hi everyone 

I'm a very eclectic person when I use art to relax me I use digital, ipad, and real that's how I create my products.

But in order to help and have more educational videos in my YT channel I'd like to know what you use?

Do you use ipad? or would like to?

Affinity, PSE, PS?

Let me know  :)

13 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I mainly use PS but I'm dabbling in iPad/Procreate I've figure out a way to do simple layouts in Procreate and I did a 30 day doodle challenge but I applied it to Procreate. I just love learning new things.

Have you ever tried the Affinity app? So much better for layouts than procreate it's like a full photoshop

• Like 1

I use PSE2021 on my laptop with an additional screen when I am home, when traveling I only have my laptop. I have a nice iPad but never tried scrapping on it. I may try your recommended Affinity.

• Like 1

I scrap on a laptop with a nice screen connected. I use My Memories software, but my goal (with my new laptop) is to learn PSE 2022 sometime this year when life slows down a little. Right now I just use it for some limited photo editing because I haven't had any time to really dig into it yet.

I use Adobe Photoshop CS6 on my Laptop which I have got used to.  I lost my desktop computer when our home was flooded last year ( coming up to the anniversary of that this month)

7 hours ago, Jana_2worldsart said:

Have you ever tried the Affinity app? So much better for layouts than procreate it's like a full photoshop

Thank you for your suggestion. When I searched the App Store on my iPad I found Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, and Affinity Publisher. I’m not interested in spending a lot money because I do the majority of my layouts on my PC at home. I was mostly looking to scrap simple pages when on vacation or away from home. 

3 hours ago, Celestine said:

I scrap on a laptop with a nice screen connected. I use My Memories software, but my goal (with my new laptop) is to learn PSE 2022 sometime this year when life slows down a little. Right now I just use it for some limited photo editing because I haven't had any time to really dig into it yet.

I will start filming some videos with PSE stay tuned :)

33 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Thank you for your suggestion. When I searched the App Store on my iPad I found Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, and Affinity Publisher. I’m not interested in spending a lot money because I do the majority of my layouts on my PC at home. I was mostly looking to scrap simple pages when on vacation or away from home. 

You just need affinity photo, it's like PS but way more powerful in the ipad .

• Thanks 1

I scrap in PSE 2020 on a MacBook Air, I don't have a desktop.   I have an iPad and would like to learn more about what to do with it, but I don't know if I'd scrap on it since I wouldn't have all my supplies and I don't want to pay for Cloud storage.  

Even so, I'd like to learn about how to scrap on iPad.  

Thanks for asking, Jana!  😊  

19 minutes ago, MariJ said:

I scrap in PSE 2020 on a MacBook Air, I don't have a desktop.   I have an iPad and would like to learn more about what to do with it, but I don't know if I'd scrap on it since I wouldn't have all my supplies and I don't want to pay for Cloud storage.  

Even so, I'd like to learn about how to scrap on iPad.  

Thanks for asking, Jana!  😊  

I use  flash drive like this one when I don't want to use dropbox you buy once and you can rotate kits there that's what I do

Hi Jana, on the website page it says it's a USB-C which works with my M1 but my iPhone needs a lightning connection not a Micro-USB which is for Android phones.  I'm wondering how you used it with your phone?     Both my iPad and iPhone have lightning connections.     My iPad Pro is from 2016 but my phone is 2020.   Maybe they are too old?

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Hi Jana, on the website page it says it's a USB-C which works with my M1 but my iPhone needs a lightning connection not a Micro-USB which is for Android phones.  I'm wondering how you used it with your phone?     Both my iPad and iPhone have lightning connections.     My iPad Pro is from 2016 but my phone is 2020.   Maybe they are too old?

Marilyn, I have this one that I can use with my iPhone, iPad and my PC. I don't know if that would work for you. Amazon is currently out but I researched and saw that Office Depot sells them. Since my iPad is not connected to our wireless service I wanted to be able to transfer my photos from my iPhone to my iPad to scrap if there is no wifi connection available. I put some of my stash on the iXpand and I can scrap using those items. I mostly wanted to be able to scrap while on vacation so I only need a few simple items. I like scrapping with Procreate. I looked up Affinity Photo 2 and it had mostly bad reviews and seeing how I already paid for Procreate and am comfortable with it I will stick with that. :)

1 hour ago, Jana_2worldsart said:

Why you need a drive for the iphone this drive is for the ipad to scrap with

Ok thank you Jana.   Most of my photos for the past few years are on my iPhone so I'd like to be able to access them easily.   Plus, my iPad also uses the same connection as my phone.  So, I'd need that connection for my iPad also. 

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Marilyn, I have this one that I can use with my iPhone, iPad and my PC. I don't know if that would work for you. Amazon is currently out but I researched and saw that Office Depot sells them. Since my iPad is not connected to our wireless service I wanted to be able to transfer my photos from my iPhone to my iPad to scrap if there is no wifi connection available. I put some of my stash on the iXpand and I can scrap using those items. I mostly wanted to be able to scrap while on vacation so I only need a few simple items. I like scrapping with Procreate. I looked up Affinity Photo 2 and it had mostly bad reviews and seeing how I already paid for Procreate and am comfortable with it I will stick with that. :)

Thanks so much Kelly.  I actually have an iXpand that I haven't really used yet, I think I might be asking you some questions about that drive!  I bought it for photo backup since I don't use the cloud or want to pay for it and yes.  I'd like to be able to do things when not on WiFi, like even in a car.   I'm glad to know you were able to put scrapping things on there too.   Do you have both scrapping supplies and photos on the same iXpand?   I already paid for Procreate, I mostly have used it for drawing but would like to know how to basic scrap.  The thing for me is, my laptop is small and light enough that if I had a choice when away, I'd pick my laptop. :) That said, if I have space, etc - I like having both!!!  Spoiled!  😆   Thank you so much for researching that for me.  I really need to get those phone photos at least on a drive, Christmas Day my iPhone locked me out.   I also have an iDisk drive, haven't quite sat to figure that out, either but I really need to.  THIS is the one I have, I bought it in 2020 and it's not even available now I see and it doesn't have the right computer connection.  😱 But I probably can use an adapter... 

And, PS now I'm looking the iXpand I think I have might be the iDisk.   I do have a second one, have to find it and see what it is.

SOoooooo....  Despite all the other things I should be doing, I looked and found all three (yes three) drives together.  Two iXpands (a 128gb and a 256gb).  A few of these were gifts, but none have been used except for a start once with one.     :hit-head-with-hammer:
According to Amazon, I've ordered three of these but one was for my sister.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 7:51 AM, Jana_2worldsart said:

I was wanting to get back into scrapbooking and only have an ipad.  I was wondering what I could use in place of photoshop.  This is a great idea.  I do have that app.  How do you store your scrapbook elements?  I have a TON of stuff I bought years ago that I would like to also use.  It's on an external hard drive.  I am wondering how to get that available for me to use. 

On 3/2/2023 at 3:03 PM, reelynn said:

I was wanting to get back into scrapbooking and only have an ipad.  I was wondering what I could use in place of photoshop.  This is a great idea.  I do have that app.  How do you store your scrapbook elements?  I have a TON of stuff I bought years ago that I would like to also use.  It's on an external hard drive.  I am wondering how to get that available for me to use. 

You can totally with Affinity Photo or even procreate but affinity photo is better for ipad scrapbooking (will have tutorials soon) 

2 ways to use your supplies

grab them to ipad with a cloud service like google drive or dropbok 

I have some in google drive 

Have a external flash drive  just rotate what you want to use or depending on the space put a lot of stuff there I use more a flash drive is faster.