PSE 2023 layers jumping around

beatricemi

I upgraded from 2020 and something weird is happening and I can't figure it out. The best way I can describe it that is it is similar to snap to grid if you are moving something and you have snap to grid turned on. (I don't have the grid or snap to grid on) I don't know if it's a setting somewhere- I've tried checking all my preferences and settings and I can't find anything. I've also exhausted google. If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening please chime in. I need to be so careful as things are moving around almost on their own- like photos suddenly out of frames etc.

Thanks in advance!

Bea, I suppose you are unable to uninstall and then install again? 

Also I have heard of closing out and then as you open it again hold down your ctrl or command ( on MAC) key as it opens. 

Oh Bea how frustrating!   You are not working on a Mac are you?   Because I know my Finder has some sort of "snap to" thing that is a pain.
I'm sorry I don't have an answer.   I thought I'd try a Yahoo search because I often have luck there and don't use google.  I got SO excited when I saw an answer for "PSE2023 Layers Jumping Around" so I clicked on it!   And, it was this thread of yours!  😱  Funny, but not......

Good luck, I'll keep poking around and I hope someone knows the answer for you!

• Like 1

I found THIS about elements snapping around in Photoshop.  It might not work the same in Elements but maybe it might help?   Or hopefully be the same.
I'm also not sure snapping is what you're experiencing? 
Oh!   I just checked on my PSE 2020 and I DO have a View>Snap>   that can be turned off.  I didn't watch the rest of the video but maybe you can try that and then watch the video.   🤞

I just found this also on THIS page:
"I had the same problem. I fixed it by turning OFF snap to layers and keeping everything else on. Basically, it just looked like it wasn't snapping, but in reality is was snapping to so many different places that were about 1px to 2px in distance of each other."

Maybe that or something else on the article might help.   Good luck....  😊 

Yay! @MariJ I found that snap to and turned off layers. I'm not in the process of doing a page right now but I will definitely let you know if that was it. I never even heard of snap to layers. i hope that fixes my problem but I opened my 2020 and snap to layers was turned on there also so that might not be it. 🤔 And I can either uninstall or reset as you suggest @A-M

I did forget to mention I am on a pc- not a mac.

Thanks for trying.

1 hour ago, beatricemi said:

Yay! @MariJ I found that snap to and turned off layers. I'm not in the process of doing a page right now but I will definitely let you know if that was it. I never even heard of snap to layers. i hope that fixes my problem but I opened my 2020 and snap to layers was turned on there also so that might not be it. 🤔 And I can either uninstall or reset as you suggest @A-M

I did forget to mention I am on a pc- not a mac.

Thanks for trying.

I hope it works!   I was so surprised when I went to look that I had it in PSE 2020, who knew?   I know at times things do snap but not a lot and not on their own.  
I'm hoping that it solves your problem, yes - please let us know!  :ssig_goodluck_100-101:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say I have not figured out a way to eliminate my problem. I did check with Barbara who is a member here and she was the one that let me know the software was on sale. She has the exact same problem and reverted to her previous version of the software. I contacted Adobe about it. I just don't understand why I can't find any chit chat about it on the web. I assume a lot of scrappers use PSE but maybe not many upgraded? I really want an answer though because it's taking much longer to create a page with all these errors. I'll keep updating this thread in case any other user is looking for help.