#the100dayproject Challenge- who's in?

Laura

Who’s up for a different type of challenge?  This is the 100 day project challenge. It’s a social media challenge that begins 2/22/2023 and lasts for 100 days! I am doing this challenged with scrapbook layouts. Who wants to join me? 

Here are the rules:

1.       Scrapbook each day.  If you can keep up with creating a whole layout a day, that’s great! If not, maybe add elements to a page every day until you are done and then the next day, start a new layout. The point of the challenge is to get you to scrapbook every day for 100 days! 

2.       Post your layout (or the newest version of the layout) in the Hodge Podge Gallery each day, noting the supplies used in the description of the layout.  I usually just add links to the product by searching for them in the store and then copying and pasting the links to my description. TO QUALIFY, YOU MUST UPLOAD THE LAYOUT TO THE GALLERY ON THAT DAY TO GET CREDIT.  FOR EXAMPLE- DAY 1 HAS TO BE UPLOADED ON 2/22, DAY 2 HAS TO BE UPLOADED ON 2/23.  

3.       Post the link for your layout on your favorite Social Media site and add the following hashtags: #the100dayproject and #scrapgirls (OPTIONAL)

Prizes:

For everyone who finishes all <75% days will get 1 collection biggie of your choice.

If you didn’t finish every day, but made up to 75% of the days, you get a $5 gift card to Scrapgirls

One lucky person who completes at least 75% of the challenge will be the winner of a $25 gift card to Scrapgirls

So, are you in? 

I got this idea from a childhood friend of mine. She is a painter. She is joining this challenge as she heads to Italy to do her artist residency while she learns more painting techniques.  I plan on using this challenge to work on my recent vacation album.  

I'm in! Tracking my days here.

February 22   23  24  25  26   27  28

March 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18 19 20  21  22  23   24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31

April  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 17  18 19 20  21  22  23 24  25  26  27  28  29  30

May 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   11  12   13   14   15   16  17   18   19   20   21   22  23  24  25   26  27  28  29   30  31

June 1

Great challenge - I'm in! These challenges always create a desire in me to go shopping in the store! lol - I'm going to further challenge myself not to do that, instead use only what I already have ... I'm sure my wishlist will grow though!

Not having to post is a great improvement...I do post to social media but don't want to have to do it. I will join in. I work on some scrapbook project every day so it should be pretty easy but posting every day will be tough. Can we make a list on our page with 1 to 100 and just put a check mark or do we need to show what we did? This post will become unruly if it's a post every day for each person I think.

• Like 1

@Laura Like some are suggesting that each person has just one post and add the links to each days or this thread will become too complicated.  Maybe start a new thread and call it something like "100 day project participants layouts". Then each one doing this add a post and go back each time they want to share a link. 

I personally will not be taking part as I did 31 days of challenges last month and that was enough for me to handle. 

I like what @alsoarty said about just tracking them in the gallery. I can just go by the date posted. If nothing is posted that day for that person, no credit that day. “Keep it simple” my husband would say. 

• Like 1

Laura, I've been evaluating my availability this spring, and I've come to the conclusion there is no way I will be able to hit the 75% benchmark between helping to care for my aunt in Georgia, my son's wedding in May and travel plans in early June. I don't want to put my name in the list for you to track already knowing there is no way I can accomplish the challenge. This is a fun idea, and I hope you get a lot of people to participate!

• Sad 1

On 2/18/2023 at 10:15 PM, Laura said:

I like what @alsoarty said about just tracking them in the gallery. I can just go by the date posted. If nothing is posted that day for that person, no credit that day. “Keep it simple” my husband would say. 

I like your husband's quote!   I'm sorry I can't participate, I am such a slow scrapper and have a hard enough time keeping up with life and six layouts for Challenge Chase!  😱   A hint about threads and keeping track that I use in tracking Motivators?   We all know we can get very chatty and that's a big part of SG charm.  Even though the site will show you the last post read, I normally will post a "Chart is Updated" when I finish reading so I know that's where to start the next time.   April does the same in Challenge Chase.  It helps to cut down the "where did I end?" stress!    
Even though I can't keep up with the scrapping, I'm going to keep up with this thread and the pages - it sounds like an awesome and fun challenge!   Good luck everyone! 😊

• Like 2

I've been thinking ... I like Andrea's idea - A LOT. I make 12x12 pages all month long & that's fairly routine. An ATC is small and seems to me more "doable" . If I can keep up with the challenge, I could walk away with 4 sets (25 each) of cute ATCs! Then I'd like to figure out a way to make them into note cards to send to family & friends, or otherwise printed for me to show off my PS skills!

On 2/21/2023 at 12:35 AM, Amy D said:

I've been thinking ... I like Andrea's idea - A LOT. I make 12x12 pages all month long & that's fairly routine. An ATC is small and seems to me more "doable" . If I can keep up with the challenge, I could walk away with 4 sets (25 each) of cute ATCs! Then I'd like to figure out a way to make them into note cards to send to family & friends, or otherwise printed for me to show off my PS skills!

Amy, you can always add your ATCs to different scrap pages as features or embellishments.  They do make great greeting cards if you are into printing them.