Working with 12 x 24 templates

I have a question.....there would be one blank page 12 x 24 at beginning and end, do you leave these blank and just add paper or create a totally different layout for these two pages? I would assume I would create one. I have been working chronologically so now I'm going to have to figure out what to put there. Thanks for input!

I would like to do some form of word Art for the winery, I'm not very good at it....I had done this one.... although I want something smaller. Open to some ideas!

I was working with Syndee Nichols tutorial....I have older PSE...I found a workaround to use the Asian Options....for some reason its spacing everything I type really far between letters and when I highlight the text and use the option it changes it very little!! My main concern now is not getting to type correctly... HELP!

Edited by terriscrapper
added more information

Hi Terri. Are you meaning at the front of your wedding album book you'll have a blank 12 x 24 page? Like where you very first open the book, part on the inside cover and then the leading page? I'm not sure I understand? If that is correct understanding of your question, I don't think there is any right or wrong, it would just depend on what look you want. For my last book  I made a title page layout for the first page, and made the inside of the front cover a solid color. Hope that helps. If I missed the boat totally on what you're asking let me know!

13 hours ago, mimes1 said:

Hi Terri. Are you meaning at the front of your wedding album book you'll have a blank 12 x 24 page? Like where you very first open the book, part on the inside cover and then the leading page? I'm not sure I understand? If that is correct understanding of your question, I don't think there is any right or wrong, it would just depend on what look you want. For my last book  I made a title page layout for the first page, and made the inside of the front cover a solid color. Hope that helps. If I missed the boat totally on what you're asking let me know!

Hi there! Yes, that's what I meant! Lol! Sometimes I don't know about my explaining things very well!

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

I normally leave the left side that is normally pasted to the cover blank, normally I've never seen an option to change it.  Unless I misunderstood also!  

Hi there! It would be the first page of the 12 x 24, so in other words you would have one blank page on the back side....of it being a 12 x 12. Its not pasted to the cover

Hi Terri, One suggestion:  Open any hard cover book and see what the publishers do. I believe they usually leave the inside of the front cover blank and the page opposite that also blank.... or they use a simple patterned paper with no writing. But, of course, you can do as you like. I've sometimes just repeated the book title on the right side of the 12x24. I personally like page at the end of the book, (the page facing the back cover) to be blank, too. I think leaving a page or two blank makes the book look more professional.

On 2/27/2023 at 8:13 PM, Florida granny said:

Hi Terri, One suggestion:  Open any hard cover book and see what the publishers do. I believe they usually leave the inside of the front cover blank and the page opposite that also blank.... or they use a simple patterned paper with no writing. But, of course, you can do as you like. I've sometimes just repeated the book title on the right side of the 12x24. I personally like page at the end of the book, (the page facing the back cover) to be blank, too. I think leaving a page or two blank makes the book look more professional.

I'm thinking tat too! Thanks for your advice....Will probably just one of the pretty white embossed papers i there!!! You answered it completely!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, terriscrapper said:

I'm thinking tat too! Thanks for your advice....Will probably just one of the pretty white embossed papers i there!!! You answered it completely!!

I did exactly that same thing in my daughter's wedding book. It looked nice. Maybe include a little note about "created with love for the happy couple," or some such sentiment. In future generations they might want to know who worked so beautifully on this keepsake.

On 3/1/2023 at 8:42 AM, Celestine said:

I did exactly that same thing in my daughter's wedding book. It looked nice. Maybe include a little note about "created with love for the happy couple," or some such sentiment. In future generations they might want to know who worked so beautifully on this keepsake.

Hi!!! Yes I have done that in the past...I had done one before that had a paper cover and I did it inside the cover. This time however I plan to do a hard cover so won't have that area available. Do you think I should add it to the very back page?  I really wanted to use the white embossed paper there, unless I create a text box with that in it? Thoughts?

1 hour ago, terriscrapper said:

Hi!!! Yes I have done that in the past...I had done one before that had a paper cover and I did it inside the cover. This time however I plan to do a hard cover so won't have that area available. Do you think I should add it to the very back page?  I really wanted to use the white embossed paper there, unless I create a text box with that in it? Thoughts?

I have used both the back cover and that end page. Either works. A little paper box like you used earlier would work very well. It is going to be a gray gift.