Tuesday Challenge - April 4, 2023

Celestine

'Tis the season where flowers bloom and pastels make their mark. During spring I am constantly tempted by the gorgeous palettes our designers put together to highlight this time of year. Throughout spring, we have challenges dedicated to colors and flowers, and really they aren't at all difficult to put together with all the gorgeousness going on in the ScrapGirls store. 

Soooooo, I thought I would challenge you this first Tuesday in April with a springtime monochromatic challenge. Pick a single hue that reminds you of Easter (which is this coming Sunday) or Spring and lean into that color for your entire layout. Often, our monochromatic challenges are in neutral colors, but this time go for a pastel that screams spring!

Post your layout in the Weekly Newsletter Gallery and don't forget to link in the April Challenge Chase

I did two layouts in springtime monochromatic tones. One is a melon-hued layout for Easter and a second one is inspired by the lavender tones of the crocus blooming now in my garden. I can't wait to see your versions of this challenge!

This is MINE  I can only dream of gardens and flowers right now as it is snowing yet today and a blizzard on its way....sigh.  These are old pics from my garden in my previous home out in the country.  It was meant to be a cheerful project, but it actually made me miss my old place, my old life with my husband and the dogs being able to run free.  But I did finish it and hopefully the next time I look at it, I will smile.  Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

17 hours ago, Alexi said:

here is mine:

E-Alexi's hibicus.jpg

Very sweet Alexi. I am not quite sure how you accomplished the link, but I don't seem to be able to add a comment on your image page. You have done some very pretty dominant yellow here. Your title work is amazing. You just keep learning more new techniques! Great job.

Sorry I've been a little absent since posting this challenge, ladies! It has been a WILD 30 hours. We got hit by a really bad storm at about 10:00 on Tuesday morning, and our power just came back on 30 minutes ago. All but one of the trees in the front yards in my block were laying on the ground afterward - most of them blocking the street. We lost our very large and mature crabapple tree, and spent all day yesterday breaking it down and carrying it to the curb. It will probably sit there for weeks as our part of town digs out from the demolition of the winds. There is no doubt we will need to completely reroof our house and garage and two of our storm windows were shattered. Luckily the interior windows didn't break. The garage of the home behind us was completely demolished and three houses south of us, a giant tree fell on two homes, causing structural damage. Luckily no one in our neighborhood was hurt. I still don't know much of what happened locally since my phone was so low on juice I was afraid to use it except for taking some photos and videos and texting essential family. A Good Samaritan arborist cleared all the trees from our street. I paid him in cookies that had been baked the day before, LOL. He even spent about 20 minutes cutting our tree into manageable portions. I paid him in MORE cookies. I'm just happy we have power again and life can get back to normal - at least until the roofers get here! I am sure I will be scrapping some of these photos in the near future!

13 hours ago, Celestine said:

Sorry I've been a little absent since posting this challenge, ladies! It has been a WILD 30 hours. We got hit by a really bad storm at about 10:00 on Tuesday morning, and our power just came back on 30 minutes ago. All but one of the trees in the front yards in my block were laying on the ground afterward - most of them blocking the street. We lost our very large and mature crabapple tree, and spent all day yesterday breaking it down and carrying it to the curb. It will probably sit there for weeks as our part of town digs out from the demolition of the winds. There is no doubt we will need to completely reroof our house and garage and two of our storm windows were shattered. Luckily the interior windows didn't break. The garage of the home behind us was completely demolished and three houses south of us, a giant tree fell on two homes, causing structural damage. Luckily no one in our neighborhood was hurt. I still don't know much of what happened locally since my phone was so low on juice I was afraid to use it except for taking some photos and videos and texting essential family. A Good Samaritan arborist cleared all the trees from our street. I paid him in cookies that had been baked the day before, LOL. He even spent about 20 minutes cutting our tree into manageable portions. I paid him in MORE cookies. I'm just happy we have power again and life can get back to normal - at least until the roofers get here! I am sure I will be scrapping some of these photos in the near future!

Oh my goodness, how awful!   I'm so sorry to hear about this, weather can sure be destructive and it sounds like the storm played havoc with your property.    I'm glad you were able to get some help, but sad about your trees and all the mess.   It's wonderful no one was hurt but cleaning up messes like this are a huge endeavor.    Wow, thanks for letting us know.

• Thanks 1

Celestine! Sorry you got hit so hard with the storm! On the news the destruction was widespread and so devastating! I am grateful that you survived it and others around you, wish we all could come over for the day and help you all clean up! Hugs to you!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...