Shutterfly? Or something else?

Tracy

Its me again 😀 My last digital scrapbook place allowed me to create a book and print it, from same site.  When I asked (before joining) I was told to create using PSE and then print on a site like Shutterfly.  I have done a quick search but am not finding what I am wondering.  I love books, made as a book, not the slip pages into protectors of original style scrapbooking.  How do you create books to print? At the moment I am doing one page, saving as jpeg, then uploading to Shutterfly in a book. I'm loving the design aspect but not the one page, save, upload at a time.  I will keep going if this is how we do it ❤️ just wondering. In PSE I do see "create a book" but haven't clicked it as I am not sure what happens after. Do you upload the whole book somewhere?? Still searching the forum, blog overwhelms me so haven't looked there yet.  Thank you! ❤️❤️❤️

Hi, again Tracy, I see you are from Alaska - how cool!   I'm in NJ where it's been pretty cold.

I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly, but what I do is to create pages for a book, save in jpeg as you said and then upload to Shutterfly, normally in an album I created for that project.  Then I fit the pages into the book and have it printed.   I use the one page/full page template so it takes my whole layout as a page.
I used to do it at Costco but now I do at Shutterfly since Costco closed.
I think you can actually create the book/layouts on the actual Shutterfly site, but you would have to use their templates, background, embellishments etc and be bound to their layouts.  I prefer to do my own, but I did once do it there and it was ok.

Not sure I"m making sense since it's late.   Hopefully others will come along and I'll check back tomorrow!

YES! You totally understood me! And yes I do what you describe for the books. I just wasn't sure if I was doing it correct.  Now I know I've got it right and will keep having a blast. Loving all help! Thank you!!!

Yes, living the best life in AK. Its cold here too. Currently 18 was 7 when I woke up.  TONS of snow still to melt. Spring might happen in June LOL

Thank you for your help!  When you create your pages, do you use 12x12? I saw a post where the scrapper made 12x12 pages but then had printed 8x8 books. I love 8x8 and wondered if it makes a difference to make a bigger page and size it down. What "number" do you save as a jpeg? It automatically says 8 but I've been picking 9. I chose 10 for the one I made for graduation announcement.  Wish we could sit down over coffee and talk. ❤️

Thank you again for your help on this beautiful Easter Sunday.

@Tracy  I create most of my page in 8 x 8 inches as that saves some space on my computer as the files are smaller. When I do print a page myself or pay for a printed album I do those also in 8 x 8 inches. 

Sizing down from 12 x 12 to 8 x8  for having an album printed works well. 

For file size I choose 12  ( maximum) as then when you save to share on the web it is a little more clearer.  Also choose the maximum size if I were printing them. 

• Like 1

Hi Tracy, for sure it would be nice to sit over a cup of coffee, but tea for me please!   😊    That's pretty cold, not as bad here, I feel warmer already.  :winter_brr:
I do create in 12x12 but print in 8x8 and it's turned out fine.   I never thought of the number when I save, you and Anne Marie have given me some new ideas!
I've also made pages in the 11x7" size for books but find that it's harder to scrap that way so I don't do it often.

Another very important thing to keep in mind is to leave at least ½" space around the edge of your page - don't put anything important there because when printed it often gets cut off.   There are a few threads explaining this, I'll see what I can find.

Happy that you are finding your way around and asking questions, that's the way I learned here.  😀

• Like 1

Thank you Mari and Anne-Marie. I so appreciate your time to answer my questions and offer solutions.  Will be reading the linked posts and getting more information.  

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

I make my pages and put them in an album. After I get 6-10 pages made I go to Shutterfly, or whatever site you are using, and make an album with the same name as on on my computer. I can then download them all at once into my album by selecting and dragging from my computer onto the download site, who will ask you what album to save your pictures to. That way you don't have to upload them one at a time. As Marilyn said, be sure to leave room for bleed around all the edges. I use 3/4 inch to just be sure that nothing of value will get cut off on the edges or get stuck in the crease. I make all my page in 8.5x11 horizontal format. It is much harder because everything is made to use on a 12x12 or square format. Just keep asking questions. It helps to keep us on our toes!:party-smiley-048:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...