Jump to content

Double Framing

Recommended Posts

I notice that sometimes people in their comments on  my pages in the gallery say something about double framing?

Can someone tell what that means? 

Some of my pages have smaller paper mounted on top of  the background paper so that an edge of the background paper shows all the way around the page. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I think there are several ways to "double frame" but essentially I think it is similar to "double matting," Double framing would mean the image has two frames, double matting is done by layering one mat on top of another so that the bottom mat acts as a decorative border around your framed artwork. 

I do that on my pages quite a lot - like this.  I also use strokes to make a frame, or sometimes a double frame on my pages - like I did on this one.

This page uses both. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@April Showers  thank you for your reply.  I often do double matting and I receive a comment saying the person likes my double framing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...