Hi all from down south

Ole_Cowgirl

Good morning all,  I'm a paper-crafter from way back, and kind of took a (way to long) break from it all.  Life does happen, doesn't it.  Lately I have been feeling that creative bug, and wanting to get back into the swing of things, I decided to look for some forums/groups where I could meet some new people, and make some new friends.  My husband (Jack) and I have been married a little over 27 years, and have a small (31 acre) hay farm in central Florida.  I use to have several horses that I barrel raced on (for those of you that don't know what that is, it's basically a rodeo event), but they (God love them) have passed on.  That, actually, is what lead me to crafting.  It was a great way to ease the pain of loosing my fur babies.  That was years ago, but nonetheless is what got me into the crazy world of crafting.  I love all types of crafts, but paper crafting is my favorite.  I love making scrapbooks/interactive photo albums, cards, pocket letters, journals, etc.  You name it, and I'll try it.  There's a ton about me, and I hope to get to share more and learn more about you all. 

• Like 4

Welcome fellow Floridian....We are from New Port Richey but on the road now traveling for the summer. I hope  you enjoy this fun site...many friends to meet here!

Welcome-coin.jpg

Welcome! We love to meet new people here at ScrapGirls, and see what you scrap! The forum is a really fun place, with so many activities that help spur creative twists on layouts. Honestly, the challenges are some of the things that help me pump out my pages, and help it all stay fresh. I hope you participate in them, since there are always sooooo many gift cards to the ScrapGirls Shop. Nice to meet you!

Welcome! I love paper scrapping but converted to digital scrapbooking in 2007. Lots of fun things going on here! Nice to meet you. 

:welcome-wagon:   I hope you settle in and enjoy being  here.  I was a card maker using rubber stamps from way back in 1992 and then started paper scrapbooking in 2006 with the birth of my first grandchild. Then turned to the "dark side" of digital scrapbooking in 2008 and rarely do a paper scrapbook page these days. But I still do  my card making. 

Hi and welcome to ScrapGirls!   I have a friend who recently made a documentary on Barrel racing, he followed an old timer around and it was wonderful learning for me, I'd never heard of this sport!    We're a kind and fun group here, I'm glad you joined and hope to see some of your creations soon.

Welcome & enjoy the challenges here! My daughter showed horses in 4-H and rode Western Pleasure - Barrel Racing was way too fast for her!

Wow, thanks for all the welcomes!   I must've read something wrong, meaning I wasn't aware that everything ya'll do is digital.  I was actually looking for people that use digital stamps for scrapbooking.  I hope it's still okay for me to stay.  As you can imagine, living on a farm (although it has many perks) can get quite lonely sometimes.  Our closest neighbor is 10 acres away.  Not complaining, don't get me wrong, we can't have our cake an eat it too as they say.  It's just nice to chat with other crafters. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 9:17 AM, Ole_Cowgirl said:

Wow, thanks for all the welcomes!   I must've read something wrong, meaning I wasn't aware that everything ya'll do is digital.  I was actually looking for people that use digital stamps for scrapbooking.  I hope it's still okay for me to stay.  As you can imagine, living on a farm (although it has many perks) can get quite lonely sometimes.  Our closest neighbor is 10 acres away.  Not complaining, don't get me wrong, we can't have our cake an eat it too as they say.  It's just nice to chat with other crafters. 

No worries, we're a fun bunch and happy to have you here!   Hope you join in the chatter and in the process you might get interested in digital - it's fun and no mess!   There are other crafter here and iif you can take photos of your pages you can show us those too!

Welcome to Scrap Girls!  There are people here who do hybrid digital-paper scrapbooking - there are also projects in the SG store that were created to print out and create.  I'm probably not much help there, I'm not great with hybrid or paper scrapping, but please stay around and hang out, I think you'll find new ideas here, and you'll definitely find people to talk to!