Fill in the Blanks Game

Celestine

Happy July! We are starting off this month with a new Fill in the Blanks Game. Use the letters and blanks hints and the sentence contextual clues to fill in the popular kit titles for each ScrapGirls Shop Designer, and then create layouts for extra chances to win gift cards. 

The blanks include the titles of mini kits, collections and value packs, with the exception of Miss Fish because she only designs templates. The words mini, kit, collection and value pack are not included in the puzzle. Message your answers to me here at ScrapGirls.

You will have until midnight, July 31, CDT to find all the kit titles and complete up to 34 layouts, potentially highlighting each designer in the ScrapGirls Shop.

Those who find all the correct kit titles will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift card.

Next, complete layouts for chances to win either a $10 or $15 gift card. Choose ONE OF THREE ways to gain “chances” to win for each of the 34 layouts eligible:

For example, if the Fill in the Blanks Game answer is Brandy Murry’s: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, you may earn escalating prize chances by:

1.    Completing a layout based thematically on the title of the Find-A-Word kit. For example, create a birthday themed layout using any designer and any kit. (equals 1 chance); OR

2.    Completing a layout highlighting Brandy Murry, using exclusively any of her kits and tools. (equals 2 chances)(Miss Fish may be combined with another designer); OR

3.    Completing a layout highlighting the designer and her specific Fill in the Blanks Game answer. Continuing with our example, that would be a layout featuring Brandy Murry’s Happy Birthday kit. (equals 3 chances).

Your layouts will be tracked in the Hodge Podge Gallery. Please be sure to tag the designer featured if you are doing a designer-specific layout, and it is very important to include the kits used in the description. Don’t forget to post your layout link in the Monthly Games thread as you add them to the Gallery.

Personally keep track of your layout points. Once a week, I will update the thread with names of participants, number of layouts to date and number of points to make sure I am cataloging correctly.

Here are the Fill in the Blanks Game hints:

1.    2 Worlds Art Digital: The lilac was in full _ L _ _ M.

2.    Adrienne Skelton: Skiing, snorkeling and diving are _ _ T _ R   _ D V _ _ _ _ _ _ S.

3.    AFT Designs: Remembering old times means I am F E _ _ _ _ G   _ O S _ _ _ _ I C.

4.    Aftermidnight Designs: Pine trees, rambling deer and snow are found in _ O _ D _ _   W O _ _ S.

5.    Aimee Harrison: Marie is a _ _ _ _ _ E   _ _ T   _ _ _ N _ _ Y and Donny is a little bit Rock & Roll.

6.    Angela Blanchard: The _ E _ _ _ R _ W lines the corn fields.

7.    Angie Briggs: The key to happiness is to S _ _ _ L I _ _ your life.

8.    Bee Creation: My mother makes the best _ _ T _ _ R   _ _ E _ _ frosting you have ever tasted.

9.    Bekah E Designs: Following the summer thunderstorm, we will have a brief _ O _ _ _ _ G   _ F _ period.

10.  Blue Heart Scraps: I dread my birthday, because it means I am _ N _ T _ _ _   _ _ A R    _ _ _ _ R.

11.  Brandy Murry: Instead of working, I’d rather be C H _ S _ _ G   D _ _ G _ _ F _ _ E _ out in nature.

12.  Butterfly Dsign: We are featuring _ A _ _ _ T   F _ _ S H produce today.

13.  Carol W Designs: Seeing friends from childhood bring back _ L D   _ _ _ _ R I _ S.

14.  Carolyn Kite: It is great to start your morning off early, B _ _   F I R _ _   _ O F _ _ E.

15.  Chere Kaye: Dare to dream, and lead a N _ _   S _   O _ D I _ _ R _   life.

16.  Cheri Thieleke: A light bulb over the head symbolizes a _ R _ _ _ T   _ D E _.

17.  Cherise Oleson: V _ V _   _ E _ _ C _ is the independence battle cry for this country to the south of the United States.

18.  Designs by Helly: Kids love to run B A _ _ F _ O _   _ N   T _ _   G _ _ S _ in the summer.

19.  Diane Rooney: Mexico and Argentina are the most likely places to find a fragrant and citrusy _ E _ _ N   G _ O V _.

20.  DRB Designs: G _ _ L   _ _ W _ R refers to an attitude that women should be confident, achieve their full potential, and be independent.

21.  Elisha Barnett: A family heirloom has been handed down through _ E _ _ R _ T I _ _ _.

22.  Kimeric Kreations: Stop moving around and just _ E   S T _ L _ for a little while!

23.  Laura Louie: “Where the W I _ _   _ H _ _ _ S Are” is a classic Maurice Sendak children’s book.

24.  Marlene Peacock: Let’s go on a _ _ C _ _ C, but don’t invite the ants!

25.  Miss Fish: Star light, S _ _ _   _ R _ _ _ T, the first star I see tonight.

26.  Pretty Ju Scrap: Let’s go _ I _ I _ G on the trails in the state park.

27.  Sekada Designs: The calls of blue whales are the loudest S E _   V _ _ C _ _ on record.

28.  Shalae Tippetts: _ _ L D F L _ _ _ R S are native plants and grow in woods, meadows and wetlands.

29.  Silvia Romeo: I need a recipe, so please bring M _   _ _ O _ B O _ _ into the kitchen, please.

30.  Susie Roberts: A long season of hot, humid and murky days means we are having a _ _ Z Y   S U _ M _ _.

31.  Syndee Rogers: An especially skillful writer is known as a W O _ _ _ _ _ _ H.

32.  Tami Miller: Flip that phone around and take a _ E L _ I E.

33.  Trixie Scraps Designs: Winners are _ R I _ _ P _ A _ T.

34.  Veronica Spriggs: Hard-working and diligent people are considered to be _ N D _ _ T R I O _ _.

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

@Belle Please just send a list of the titles after you are finished finding them all. The game goes all month long, so there is no hurry. Thanks! 

@Celestine Must I email the list or send a private message. I see I can only send a public message.

Your message box is full. 

7 hours ago, Belle said:

@Celestine Must I email the list or send a private message. I see I can only send a public message.

Your message box is full. 

Belle, you should be able to send me a private message. It is only at 16% capacity and moments ago I received a message from another ScrapGirl. 

6 minutes ago, Belle said:

Having quite a few blond moments this morning. Thanks.

I'm getting a few blond moments just thinking about all the work to do this challenge. That's a lot of layouts and I don't have very many of the kits chosen so have to improvise. Not sure I'm going to do this. Should I? :hit-head-with-hammer:

36 minutes ago, barbaraj said:

I'm getting a few blond moments just thinking about all the work to do this challenge. That's a lot of layouts and I don't have very many of the kits chosen so have to improvise. Not sure I'm going to do this. Should I? :hit-head-with-hammer:

I think you should. Even if you don't have those kits. I must admit, I like doing the layouts. You really have to get the grey cells working.

@barbaraj I hope you do play along! Even if you do just a few layouts like would be a normal game, it is a random chance to win the game prizes. Doing all of them is still no guarantee to win! I also don’t expect most people will even do all the layouts (I probably won’t), but I didn’t want to leave out any of the designers, either.