Weekend Wildcard Challenge - 7/15/2023

Celestine

Thematic kits are always fun to work with, but something I rarely use are the designers' papers that feature icons or objects linked to that kit's theme. I'm not talking about generic flowers, hearts, stars or arrows, but actual objects that pick up the theme. Think papers that have tools, cameras, animals, clocks, game pieces, waves, balloons, tickets, suitcases, pine trees, etc. Your challenge is to use at least one paper, paper template or overlay that features objects or icons tied topically to your layout.

Add your layout to the Weekend Wildcard Gallery and then link it below in the thread. Don't forget to play the July Challenge Chase as well for 25% off on a purchase.

My layout features a bandana from a cowboy-themed kit by Carolyn Kite. I've never used these bandana backgrounds, but it was one of the reasons I bought the kit. Here is Cowgirl.

• Like 1

Wasn't really sure on the challenge - what you were expecting ... (I haven't finished my coffee yet!) Thanks for the example - great visual & now I KWYM!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Celestine said:

In response to @Amy D, I thought I would include a few papers from current kits that are examples of what I mean about thematic icons or objects from designers' papers. I hope this helps!
aimeeh_itssewmice_paper05.thumb.jpg.b2892ab8fb787a51797c33e0a05748dd.jpg bhs_dreamland_paper15.jpg MPE_Document_It_Nano_Paper_books.jpg PJU_HerbGarden_pp(16).jpg SNU_SoRetro_PM2_RetroIcons.jpg

vjs-giftofgab-paperjm-02.jpg

Ok now I get it...I will try to make another.