Photo Alterations Challenge.

Laura

Happy National Digital Scrapbook Day!

who wants to learn how to alter photos?

I started out with paper scrapbooking, but once I discovered Digital Scrapbooking, I was hooked! I mean, look at all the benefits of this style?  What is your favorite benefit of Digital Scrapbooking?

Well, my favorite benefit of digital scrapbooking is the ability to manipulate photos to add creativity and interest to the photos.  There are so many things that you can do with programs like Adobe Photoshop or Elements (and many others out there).

Here are some ideas on ways to manipulate your photo:

1.       You can easily resize your image to make it big or small to change the focus on the photo itself.

2.       Change the shape to any shape.

3.       Clip it to a mask.

4.       Change the opacity of the layer to blend the photo into the background. (Learn more here https://qwiklearn.com/free-content/01-shortcuts-for-layer-opacity-ps.html?affcode=159709_i7fef8j5)

5.       Change it to black and white.

6.       Edit the photos to correct color/contrast/exposure.

7.       Selective Color

8.       Photo Blending. (Learn more here https://qwiklearn.com/free-content/03-the-basics-of-blending-ps.html?affcode=159709_i7fef8j5)

Check out this tutorial on how to create a Christmas Ornament out of a photo here (http://digitalscrapper.com/video/christmas-ornament.html)

If you want to learn more about editing photos, check out this tutorial “Actions: Enhance Photos Fast!” Give your photos an instant makeover—even if you know nothing about photo editing. Found https://qwiklearn.teachable.com/p/actions-enhance-photos-fast-for-photoshop?affcode=159709_i7fef8j5

This is what I did for my layout:

1.       Place a choice of paper onto your layout.

Start.thumb.jpg.d60d158161ba422c5ba643b0cd9057c0.jpg

2.       Placed photo onto your layout and arrange the photo size to the location you want it.

3.       Play with the layer blending modes and chose the best look for the vision you are going for.

01.thumb.JPG.394f9e1469b858a5a9bc1f427033f643.JPG    02.thumb.JPG.1f6f4bf4356d64fbd3fb56f5836e1dd4.JPG

4.       Change the opacity of the layer to blend it in the paper more.

03.thumb.JPG.dcf86e2ced5704d7c55ad4a4daedc811.JPG

a.       For this layout, I resized my photo a bit and erased the top edge of the photo with a soft round brush to blend the photo better into the layout since the photo was smaller than the page.

5.       Now the background is ready for embellishment!  

Here is the final product:

Final.thumb.jpg.217207069642065ae34d95e6000f0cba.jpg

There will be a prize awarded for each challenge, but those who complete all four challenges and post then in the Digital Scrapbook Day 2023 Gallery by midnight Sunday, October 8th will be entered into a drawing for a $20.00 Design Shop Gift Certificate.  After you post your challenge layout, please add a link to it in the thread below and tell us how you altered your embellishment(s). Happy Digital Scrapbooking Day!

Here is mine- the main photo was turned into a pencil sketch. @ladyscrapalot shared her sketch instructions with me a while back and had a chance to use them here. The sketched photo is also in the upper right hand corner unaltered for comparison. This layout serves as an example where I will make two versions of it. This one which I will post, and a second with our friends names and wedding date on it which I will send to them. 

8 hours ago, mimes1 said:

Here is mine- the main photo was turned into a pencil sketch. @ladyscrapalot shared her sketch instructions with me a while back and had a chance to use them here. The sketched photo is also in the upper right hand corner unaltered for comparison. This layout serves as an example where I will make two versions of it. This one which I will post, and a second with our friends names and wedding date on it which I will send to them. 

I LOVE that pencil sketch technique!   Kelly shared it with me also years ago and I've used it quite a bit.   It's easy and always beautiful!   Your page and sketch is gorgeous, Amy!