Tuesday Challenge - 10-31-2023

Celestine

Orange is a quintessential fall color in the Northern Hemisphere. With its twin applications to Halloween decor and autumn, common orange tones this time of year range from bright and garish to subtle and earthy. Since its opposite on the color wheel is azure, orange sunsets can make for some of the most stunning photos one can find. But somehow, thinking of orange always bring to mind the burnt orange carpeting and the coordinating orange and mustard flocked wallpaper that my mom had in her home in the 1970s. 

Your challenge this week is to feature ORANGE in whatever HUE appeals to YOU.

Post your layouts in the Anniversary Party Gallery, and link in the thread below. Don't forget to post "DONE" in the participation thread to win prizes. 

There are drawings for each event, but to be eligible for any of the 3 grand prizes, you must participate in all of the games and challenges and update your post to show they've been completed by midnight EDT Wednesday November 1st.

In a show of different hues of ORANGE, here is my Mum's the Word layout featuring orange mums, and I couldn't resist highlighting the burnt orange flocked wallpaper in Hip Crib.

• Like 1

I finished! Here is my orange layout.  I love the challenges to help me try new things but I always feel like "who let the kid loose with the sticker book" when I try to add more embellishments. This might be why I tend to shy away and keep it simple.  I love everyones cluster elements and they look amazing! When I try, I feel like a child with no control 🤣 Took everything I had not to delete all the elements used in this layout.

1 hour ago, Tracy said:

I finished! Here is my orange layout.  I love the challenges to help me try new things but I always feel like "who let the kid loose with the sticker book" when I try to add more embellishments. This might be why I tend to shy away and keep it simple.  I love everyones cluster elements and they look amazing! When I try, I feel like a child with no control 🤣 Took everything I had not to delete all the elements used in this layout.

I know exactly what you mean! I envy those layouts with layers of embellishments that all look so pulled together, but then I never know how to do it myself. Sometimes I just plagiarize altogether. Also, I think I somehow resent every square inch that isn't given over to showing a photo -- yet I love the pages that don't do that. Sigh,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri M said:

I know exactly what you mean! I envy those layouts with layers of embellishments that all look so pulled together, but then I never know how to do it myself. Sometimes I just plagiarize altogether. Also, I think I somehow resent every square inch that isn't given over to showing a photo -- yet I love the pages that don't do that. Sigh,

So true. I want to highlight my images, but then I like the white space and small photo layouts as well. I think that is why my style wanders all over the place!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri M said:

YES!!!!! How do they achieve such layouts and not cover ever square inch in photos??? Yet they are so beautiful when they have space! yet mine look like a toddler got tired and quit LOL Guess that's the best thing about scrapping, all the different styles.