White Elephant Sign Ups are Live Here! Everyone (including all team members) can play!

beatricemi

It's time to sign up for the White Elephant Game. I can't take credit for the idea of playing virtually. That goes to Mikelle who hosted last year. The game was a rounding success. It works just like in-person White Elephant and I will explain the rules in detail before we start. Sign-ups will end 12/3 midnight EST and the game will begin on 12/5. Everyone, and that includes Creative Team and Welcome Committee, can play and everyone wins a prize. 

Once the sign-ups are over I will randomly assign a number to each participant and the game will begin the morning of 12/5.  If you have any questions feel free to ask them here but I promise there is very little skill involved. It's just a matter of stealing or picking a new gift but of course there are rules. I hope to see lots of sign-ups. Get ready for a fun game!

• Like 1

• beatricemi changed the title to White Elephant Sign Ups are Live Here! Everyone (including all team members) can play!

Maybe I should post the rules now. 

HOW THE GAME WORKS:  When it's your turn to pick a gift, (in order by the number you are randomly given)  you may either steal a gift that has already been "opened" by someone else, or you may choose a new unopened gift.  If your gift is stolen from you at some point during the game, then you will get another turn, to either steal another gift from someone else, or choose a new gift.  

RULES:  

1.  You may not steal the gift back that was just stolen from you.  

2.  Each gift can only be stolen twice.   

3. The third person who "owns" a particular gift gets to keep it, and that gift will no longer be in play.  

4.  The first person to choose a gift (first to take a turn) will get a chance at the end of the game to decide whether to keep the gift she has at that time, or steal a different gift from those that are still available.  Only fair!

There will be a board with a variety of icons and that's how you will choose. For example someone chooses Santa so a prize will be revealed which may be stolen. I think it will be clear once we start the game.

I'll repost when we start the game. Does that help?

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2023 at 9:02 AM, beatricemi said:

HOW THE GAME WORKS:  When it's your turn to pick a gift, (in order by the number you are randomly given)  you may either steal a gift that has already been "opened" by someone else, or you may choose a new unopened gift.  If your gift is stolen from you at some point during the game, then you will get another turn, to either steal another gift from someone else, or choose a new gift.  

I did not know this game was call White Elephant, lol. This is how we do our gift exchange at our family Christmas Party! BTW, I love your signature. 

• Like 1

I think I'm still a little confused (just as far as the gifts...do we provide something? just choose?) but I'm sure it will be more clear when it starts. Would love to be counted in - I missed being on the forums in Nov for like the whole month because life was so crazy, but took time off work for the month (the joys of subbing and being lucky enough to do that!) so I could find time for some hobby stuff with all the holiday stuff

Just a heads up for those worried about keeping up, if you still want to play we will give you 24 hours to respond once we tag you...we can even send you a PM if needed.  IF you miss your turn, we will just move the next person and keep you in the game.  

This was alot of fun last year, and I don't want you to feel like you have to keep up with it constantly.  

• Like 5